How blue are you?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: How blue are you?

Post by Dinksy »

Coldest? That would make another good thread. Easily the coldest ground for me was Selhurst Park. I don't know if it had something to do with its design but every time we visited there I found my fingers and toes going completely numb.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

The coldest I have ever been at a football ground wasn't watching Pompey. I was working in London and bored stupid . Due to the cold weather every other match scheduled this night was off but somehow Vicarage Road had survived and Watford were playing Man City in an FA Cup Replay so I went. I sat in the stands for 120 minutes as part of the 19,347 crowd and watched the two teams slug out a dreadful 0-0 draw and I had difficulty walking out of the ground afterwards because my legs and feet were so cold. I've actually just looked up the team line ups for this game on 3rd February 1986 and Kenny Jackett was playing for Watford on the night.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

rumourmonger wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:13 pm I've actually just looked up the team line ups for this game on 3rd February 1986 and Kenny Jackett was playing for Watford on the night.
Jackett involved in a 0-0 snore fest ????
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Worryingly, a 0-0 snorefest would be considered a good result for KJ these days. Nice guy but he needs a little (or massive more like) something extra now.