Pitman out?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Pitman out?

Post by Dinksy »

Can't see him starting after last week's performance. Would like to see a rejig with maybe Williams starting to give more energy from the off but KJ will probably bring Marquis back with Mac for Bass.
Wimbledon away always brings back great memories of Plough Lane. We had some great battles there.
Invicta Pompey
Collins Mbesuma

Re: Pitman out?

Post by Invicta Pompey »

Plough Lane always reminds me of the Blake own goal.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Invicta Pompey wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:39 pm Plough Lane always reminds me of the Blake own goal.
Invicta, now that was a moment, wasn't it? The Legend down rubbing his knee in the six-yard box after going one-nil down, the restart, tap from the forward line to midfield, midfield to back line and nonchalant pass back from Blakie to Knight who.....wasn't there! 2-0.
We can laugh now.
But the moment to top it all was Billy Wilson's screaming into the top corner. I was standing right behind it and you could see it was a goal all the way. 4-2 that day I think. And didn't we change places places with them at the top of the 4th Div?
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Invicta Pompey wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:39 pm Plough Lane always reminds me of the Blake own goal.
I was there that day as well. Should have murdered them on the day but nothing went right for us.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Dinksy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:10 pm Can't see him starting after last week's performance. Would like to see a rejig with maybe Williams starting to give more energy from the off but KJ will probably bring Marquis back with Mac for Bass.
Pitman is out injured with groin strain apparently - at least this could give Harrison/Marquis axis a chance to work.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

rumourmonger wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:01 pm
I was there that day as well. Should have murdered them on the day but nothing went right for us.
yup....me too....classic Pompey moment. Went there twice around that period and can never recall which game was which. I do recall a rather scary crowd crush.
Div III. Call it what it is.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Plough Lane on a bitter Tuesday Dec 79 FA Cup 2nd round. It bucketed down all day then got cold, very cold. 0-0 draw. Replay @ Fratton ended 3-3 on xmas eve. They won the toss & 2nd replay @ Plough Lane. Hemmerman giving us the 1-0 win. Went to all 3 games.
We took about 6k up to the1st game. And about 4.5k for the 3rd. Amazing.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

rumourmonger wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:01 pm
I remember it well even though I was probably only 8 or 9 . The whole away crowd and the team yelling to try and alert Knight that the ball was on the way 😂