So What Now Mr Jacket?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Invicta Pompey
Collins Mbesuma

Re: So What Now Mr Jacket?

Post by Invicta Pompey »

Portchester PFC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:16 pm Up until now I have not really been a Jacket out person, I am honestly still on the fence but there is something seriously wrong at the club at the moment. Whether that is him having lost the dressing room or something else I don’t know, but something is not right at all.

If the owners are even considering letting him go or if he is considering walking then it needs to now happen sooner rather than later so a new manager can come in and have a good assessment of what there is so they can have plenty of time to make plans for the January window.

Tuesday night is now a massive game, the atmosphere is going to be toxic from the start, I don’t even think a convincing win will change that, unfortunately this has been going on for too long now.
I'd suggest the most likely scenario is that there is no money to spend in the January transfer window, maybe even less if Jackett goes.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I actually think that we have a decent squad of players, apart from maybe a midfield general. They just need to start playing up to their potential, and it is very clear that they are not doing so at present.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:51 pm I actually think that we have a decent squad of players, apart from maybe a midfield general. They just need to start playing up to their potential, and it is very clear that they are not doing so at present.
We do have some decent players but for some reason many seem to under perform when they come here . This has to be to do with the manager. Jackett must go tomorrow . He's lost the dressing room and alot of the fans . The Eiseners must act or it won't be long before the fans turn on them too .
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Invicta Pompey wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:16 am
Portchester PFC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:16 pm Up until now I have not really been a Jacket out person, I am honestly still on the fence but there is something seriously wrong at the club at the moment. Whether that is him having lost the dressing room or something else I don’t know, but something is not right at all.

If the owners are even considering letting him go or if he is considering walking then it needs to now happen sooner rather than later so a new manager can come in and have a good assessment of what there is so they can have plenty of time to make plans for the January window.

Tuesday night is now a massive game, the atmosphere is going to be toxic from the start, I don’t even think a convincing win will change that, unfortunately this has been going on for too long now.
I'd suggest the most likely scenario is that there is no money to spend in the January transfer window, maybe even less if Jackett goes.
There may well not be any funds in January, but I think a decent managing coming in should be able to make vast improvements with what we have, players like Marquis don’t get ****** overnight. The mid there is any tweaking needed perhaps some tactical loans might help.

I don’t think we have a bad squad, but KJ can’t seem to decide what formation or team he thinks is best, we shouldn’t be this far into the season where he still can’t determine his best starting eleven and formation that suits them, it’s crazy.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Invicta Pompey
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Invicta Pompey »

Portchester PFC wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:22 pm
Invicta Pompey wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:16 am

There may well not be any funds in January, but I think a decent managing coming in should be able to make vast improvements with what we have, players like Marquis don’t get ****** overnight. The mid there is any tweaking needed perhaps some tactical loans might help.

I don’t think we have a bad squad, but KJ can’t seem to decide what formation or team he thinks is best, we shouldn’t be this far into the season where he still can’t determine his best starting eleven and formation that suits them, it’s crazy.
I'm as frustrated as anyone, the situation doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Theres obviously some factor (s) that aren't public knowledge.
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richisbradders »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:51 pm I actually think that we have a decent squad of players, apart from maybe a midfield general. They just need to start playing up to their potential, and it is very clear that they are not doing so at present.
Totally agree, look at players like marquis, Curtis, pitman and to an extent even close, jackets managed to stifle some talented players in his time.

With the exception of losing Clarke we have strengthened this season all over (bar Nathan Thompson which jackets stubbornness made sure of)
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

richisbradders wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:53 pm
Totally agree, look at players like marquis, Curtis, pitman and to an extent even close, jackets managed to stifle some talented players in his time.

With the exception of losing Clarke we have strengthened this season all over (bar Nathan Thompson which jackets stubbornness made sure of)
Personally think we look far weaker this season. Harness is hit n miss whereas Lowe was so consistent in goalscoring & assists. As you say Clarke was sold but imo hasn't been adequately replaced. Downing & Raggett are not replacements to even remotely the Matt had. We are still weak in CM (5 TW's he's had to sort this) & as you suggest Thommo looked far better than the so so Bolton. Underwhelmed-you bet.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I agree. The squad we have is capable of automatic promotion.

Yes, we lost Clarke, that was always going to happen. Lowe & Thompson both wanted to test themselves at a higher level, fair play to them both, obviously Thompson royally screwed that one up, and was left without a club for a long time. None of these things are Jackett's fault.

BUT

There is something major wrong behind closed doors here. You don't strip two senior players of captaincy and vice-captaincy if everything is hunky-dorey. Pitman and Evans must, i presume, have been seen as a disruptive influence, and this was Jackett's attempt at player discipline. At the time, Jackett said that "things needed to be freshened up, it was no big deal" (or words to that effect) but the implication of that is that something has happened to make it need freshening up.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm

I agree. The squad we have is capable of automatic promotion.

Yes, we lost Clarke, that was always going to happen. Lowe & Thompson both wanted to test themselves at a higher level, fair play to them both, obviously Thompson royally screwed that one up, and was left without a club for a long time. None of these things are Jackett's fault.

BUT

There is something major wrong behind closed doors here. You don't strip two senior players of captaincy and vice-captaincy if everything is hunky-dorey. Pitman and Evans must, i presume, have been seen as a disruptive influence, and this was Jackett's attempt at player discipline. At the time, Jackett said that "things needed to be freshened up, it was no big deal" (or words to that effect) but the implication of that is that something has happened to make it need freshening up.
Yep, I believe there is something going on, has he lost the dressing room, are there disruptive players, is he just ****** as a manager ?

We should be better than we are with the players we have, hopefully that win tonight might start to galvanise the team, as long as he can decide which one to play. Didn’t get to the game but just watched the highlights and it seems we had a good few chances but also rode our luck.
Heaven's Light Our Guide