So What Now Mr Jacket?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

So What Now Mr Jacket?

Post by blue architect »

20 shots on target, 9 to the keeper, 60-odd% possession and we still lose to a sucker punch in ET.
Unlucky or clueless? From the commentary deffo the latter.
This has to be sorted out. We have good players on paper but mere shadows of themselves on the pitch. I has to be laid at Jackets door.
So f*ckin disappointed.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: So What Now Mr Jacket?

Post by Pompeymack »

Don’t really know what to say, we seem to have a problem on the pitch and the players just don’t seem to be able to play well.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Enough is enough #jackettout
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

I think the first thing they can do is ditch the grey kit. They haven't played well once in it.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Payback for our smash-and-grab at Doncaster. :evil:
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Time for Kenny to go. No point staying as we are.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Scarily close to the drop zone now...is it too early to be talking about a must-win against Lincoln on Tuesday night?
As for replacing Jackett, it's difficult to see any inspiring wannabees out there. If Phil Parkinson was the best Sunderland could get, it doesn't auger well.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

The players have to take their share of the blame, how hard is it to score with that many shots?!? In reality though you don't sack the players, so it will have to be the manager. My preference was always Appleton, but with him newly appointed at Lincoln then I would pull out all the stops and go for Nigel Clough. He has a track record of playing good football with limited resources, experience at a higher level, and would fit the public profile to suit the Eisners.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: So What Now Mr Jacket

Post by Weybridge »

Yep, for the first time I’m saying it : I think it’s time for a managerial change. We should be walking this league or at least look like it. The players are here to do it but tactically we’re a mess.

I think, as Pakefield suggests, Clough would be a good shout, but I suspect we might be geographically wrong for him. A playing and managerial career in the North only. It doesn’t often bode well for a long term plan.

I’d look at former Premier league/Championship pros wanting to take a first step into management. Not a defender though, someone with tactical nous.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Up until now I have not really been a Jacket out person, I am honestly still on the fence but there is something seriously wrong at the club at the moment. Whether that is him having lost the dressing room or something else I don’t know, but something is not right at all.

If the owners are even considering letting him go or if he is considering walking then it needs to now happen sooner rather than later so a new manager can come in and have a good assessment of what there is so they can have plenty of time to make plans for the January window.

Tuesday night is now a massive game, the atmosphere is going to be toxic from the start, I don’t even think a convincing win will change that, unfortunately this has been going on for too long now.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

I’ve never been a fan of Jackett. Tactically inept. Plays players out of position and keeps the better players on the bench. Leaves his substitutions far too late to make any real impact on the game. Plus the football is absolutely dire to watch. At what point will the Eisners say enough is enough? The fans are already calling for Kenny to be sacked. Surely the pressure to take action will take its toll on the Eisners. Otherwise the fans will begin to turn on them if they are not careful. Hope it’s a matter of when not if?

What about Daniel Strendel who left Barnsley last week. We wouldn’t have to pay any compensation. Has a win ratio of 49-50%. Managed in a higher league and his teams played good football.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

It's okay guys, I'm going on Tuesday. The football may not be any better, but we'll win :thumb
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

Lets not forget that our poor form in the league goes back to half way through last season in January and this was reflected in our bad showing in the play offs. Managers stand or fall on their recruitment and Jackett's record, on close examination, is poor, other than McGillivray. We have had to put up with a constant stream of loan players most of whom he either confined them to the bench or they spent long weeks on the injury list. Recently McCrorie and Cannon are good examples of the former category and they have failed to displace Close and Naylor when our midfield creativity has been sadly lacking. Only Thompson was a really worthwhile loanee.
What beggars belief is that he has somehow turned a League One prolific goalscorer in Marquis into a headless chicken who lacks any kind of service.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

What about Daniel Strendel who left Barnsley last week. We wouldn’t have to pay any compensation. Has a win ratio of 49-50%. Managed in a higher league and his teams played good football.
[/quote]

He was sacked after a 13 game losing streak, sounds like a perfect candidate
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Just watched the extended highlights (?). If they were the highlights then heaven knows what we were like for the rest of the time. The chanting of Jacket Out by our fans was coming across very clearly.

I am not a fan of managerial changes early in the season, but if KJ doesn't turn things around fast and get us scoring goals, I think time is running out for him. To be honest I have found watching the last two home games hard to bear.