Stadium Plans

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Stadium Plans

Post by Berkshire Blue »

From what is reported to have been said at the PST meeting it would appear that an announcement is imminent for at least part of the proposed works.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Stadium Plans

Post by streetrifle »

Looks like plans centre around increasing capacity through adding another tier to the Milton End and infilling in the corners of the ground. By all accounts the owners have been purchasing the houses in Specks Lane to enable them to re-develop the Milton End. Also there are plans to build a 'walkway' route to the ground from Fratton Station avoiding Goldsmith Avenue presumably. Personally I am not sure what this is intended to achieve, given that there are not any problems with the current route.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

If this is the plan then I'll be hugely disappointed. No matter how hard you polish it, a turd is a turd and I'll take a lot of convincing that such plans offer the infrastructure necessary to support a sustainable future above League 1.
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richisbradders »

streetrifle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:22 pm Looks like plans centre around increasing capacity through adding another tier to the Milton End and infilling in the corners of the ground. By all accounts the owners have been purchasing the houses in Specks Lane to enable them to re-develop the Milton End. Also there are plans to build a 'walkway' route to the ground from Fratton Station avoiding Goldsmith Avenue presumably. Personally I am not sure what this is intended to achieve, given that there are not any problems with the current route.
The game against them down the road the other day proved there is an issue with this route.

Also generally people just walk in the road after the game as that paths aren’t wide enough.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by New Forester »

I’ve been walking in the road since the 50s. Never had a problem!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 150 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

New Forester wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:10 pm I’ve been walking in the road since the 50s. Never had a problem!
Would make a great epitath :rofl
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

streetrifle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:22 pm Looks like plans centre around increasing capacity through adding another tier to the Milton End and infilling in the corners of the ground. By all accounts the owners have been purchasing the houses in Specks Lane to enable them to re-develop the Milton End. Also there are plans to build a 'walkway' route to the ground from Fratton Station avoiding Goldsmith Avenue presumably. Personally I am not sure what this is intended to achieve, given that there are not any problems with the current route.
I doubt it would be a 2 tier ME, from what I've heard it looks like a new/temp ME. Think a few clubs have gone down this route & temporary ones are in fact VG.
2 tier-residents behind would lose light= wont happen.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

pompeygunner wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:14 pm
I doubt it would be a 2 tier ME, from what I've heard it looks like a new/temp ME. Think a few clubs have gone down this route & temporary ones are in fact VG.
If you read SR's post, he claims that Tornante have been purchasing those houses behind the ME in order to remove the objections.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:55 pm
pompeygunner wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:14 pm
If you read SR's post, he claims that Tornante have been purchasing those houses behind the ME in order to remove the objections.
Yes I did read it. But until the application goes in we'll have to wait n see. Its a tall order to buy up all those houses affected, also I get the impression this is happening soon so if some of the houses haven't been acquired then a 2 tier ME would seem doubtful. The devil will be in the detail.
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

pompeygunner wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Yes I did read it. But until the application goes in we'll have to wait n see. Its a tall order to buy up all those houses affected, also I get the impression this is happening soon so if some of the houses haven't been acquired then a 2 tier ME would seem doubtful. The devil will be in the detail.
Liverpool did it , for a while one family lived in the car park
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Purbrook Chimes wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:04 pm
pompeygunner wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Liverpool did it , for a while one family lived in the car park
And that was quite a luxurious upgrade for them .
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

[/quote]

[/quote]

The right of light is not necessarily a planning concern. Yes there are constraints but the stadium is far enough away for this not to become an issue. I would be surprised if this becomes the stumbling block.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Will the improvements be ready in time for league 2 though ??
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:46 am Will the improvements be ready in time for league 2 though ??
Now now - any more of that and it will be the naughty step for you! :D
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

I think it is absolutely outrageous.
Not thinking of building an 80,000 seater stadium, still not got rid of kj and bought in Mourinho and signed bale and Ronaldo.
Eisner out