VAR

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

VAR

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Well, if its goal has been to get things right and eliminate the whining points from a game, its utterly failed imo.
Check todays Watford penalty....what a joke.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Re: VAR

Post by Mr Dee »

Maybe we need to send VAR to spend a few weeks shadowing NFL officials to see how to use it properly ? I dunno
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Football could learn a lot from Rugby (and Cricket for that matter). IMHO, its not VAR that is the problem but the people 'running' it.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Selsey Bill wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:08 am Football could learn a lot from Rugby (and Cricket for that matter). IMHO, its not VAR that is the problem but the people 'running' it.
Exactly what I have been saying for ages. Referee is miked up , incidents are replayed on the big screen and the crowd can hear the conversation between the ref and the off pitch team . Immediately everyone knows whats being investigated and can see the same footage as the officials . Football at the moment has the ref standing still with his finger in his ear and a screen saying Decision Pending or something like that. No-one knows if it's a foul , handball , offside or whatever. They have to take the element of confusion out of it. And why the refs are so reluctant to use the pitchside monitors I do not know. I watch quite a bit of MLS and the refs over there have no problem using the monitors at all.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!