General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, lakespfc, Chris_in_LA, Admin, General Mods

By PakefieldBlue
I know it'll never happen, but I'd like to see KJ try a diamond midfield with two upfront. We are so predictable at the moment. So my line up for the next game would be:

McG
Bolton Downing Burgess Haunstrup
Walkes
Cannon Curtis
Harness
Harrison Marquis
By Dinksy
I'm afraid none of these tweaks will work PB until we have a creative holding midfielder. Doyle was the key to the promotion team, Thompson was the key to our surge to the top of League Two, but we have no-one of that ilk. Worst than that our lack of options means we have to perservere with someone like Ben Close who is a decent player but way out of form and facing increasing flak from the fans.
My best hope is that we can keep in touch with the play-offs for the rest of the year with the current misfits and then recruit someone in January. I have to say, however, that I am not confident with KJ's judgment on signings nor his former-physio-turned head of recruitment Phil Boardman. I would prefer to have someone out of the game at the moment with loads of experience scouting the country. I would trust someone like Ronnie Moore who has tremendous knowledge of the lower leagues.
The Word Association Thread, ill start

Heart

"That" Burnley Banner

Watch Pompey, regret it. Don't watch Pompey, reg[…]

1-1 Draw may not be enough

Bolton over McCrorie has to be one change. The muc[…]

Pompey v Saints

The wiki stats were interesting. Particularly th[…]