Injuries

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Injuries

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Any news on Raggett and Naylor? Would have expected something by now.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Injuries

Post by Mr Dee »

Me too . I guess with tomorrow's game being postponed there's no rush .
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Old news. Raggett has an abductor, Naylor a hamstring. Raggett probably okay for Saturday, Naylor probably not.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I was aware of the old news, but was rather hoping for an update. I don't go on Facebook/Twitter etc, and I wondered if I might have missed something.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Was saying exactly the same to one of my sons yesterday. The club usually release an update on time frames involved, but haven't done this time round. I'm hoping 'no news is good news' especially on the Naylor front as he will be a huge loss for us. When he walked off he didn't look too bad to me, especially when you compare him to Nathan Thompson when he did his hamstring last season. The latter limped off the pitch looking like he'd been shot in the back of his leg.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

For me the question is: why do we seem to get so many injuries?? Is it me or do we seem to get more than our fair share? You've only got to look at a team like Liverpool and they consistently have the same eleven out there with the same bench, or at worst the odd one. There is the odd serious injury like Lallana and Oxlade Chamberlain long term but not a stream of first teamers in treatment.
I was looking through our first team squad and Whatmough, Brown, Raggett, McCrorie and Downing in defence, Naylor, Williams and Curtis in midfield, and Pitman, Hawkins, Harrison, and Harkness in attack have all had spells on the injury list.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

streetrifle wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:36 pm For me the question is: why do we seem to get so many injuries?? Is it me or do we seem to get more than our fair share? You've only got to look at a team like Liverpool and they consistently have the same eleven out there with the same bench, or at worst the odd one. There is the odd serious injury like Lallana and Oxlade Chamberlain long term but not a stream of first teamers in treatment.
I was looking through our first team squad and Whatmough, Brown, Raggett, McCrorie and Downing in defence, Naylor, Williams and Curtis in midfield, and Pitman, Hawkins, Harrison, and Harkness in attack have all had spells on the injury list.
It’s definitely been a bad season for niggling injuries. But last season, Whatmough aside, we were largely injury free.

I think overall though, the lower leagues are just more physical than the Premiership.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

streetrifle wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:36 pm For me the question is: why do we seem to get so many injuries?? Is it me or do we seem to get more than our fair share? You've only got to look at a team like Liverpool and they consistently have the same eleven out there with the same bench, or at worst the odd one. There is the odd serious injury like Lallana and Oxlade Chamberlain long term but not a stream of first teamers in treatment.
I'm not sure if it really was the reason, but I suspect both Naylor's and Raggett's injuries might have been plastic pitch related?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Selsey Bill wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:17 am
I'm not sure if it really was the reason, but I suspect both Naylor's and Raggett's injuries might have been plastic pitch related?
I don't really understand how that might make a difference. Maybe on the old astroturf pitches, but a 3G isn't massively dissimilar to grass.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

An update has just appeared on the OS. Naylor, Raggett and McCrorie are expected to be out for the next 10 days or so.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Weybridge wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:58 pm
It’s definitely been a bad season for niggling injuries. But last season, Whatmough aside, we were largely injury free.

I think overall though, the lower leagues are just more physical than the Premiership.
Yes, the premier League is a bunch of foreigners diving about and the lower leagues is a bunch of Brits kicking each other