Barton stitch-up

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Barton stitch-up

Post by Dinksy »

So Joey Barton has admitted that the only reason he called off the Fleetwood game was because his side are rubbish away. Surely the FL should fine him fior this flagrant misuse of international postponement rules. And just to rub salt in the wounds he is loving the fact that he has upset Pompey fans over the postponement. You would have thought a bit of respect even humility would be in order given the serious accusations hanging over his head.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Re: Barton stitch-up

Post by uspompeyfan »

Surely to be called off, Fleetwood would have needed at least 2 first team players in the line-up for their respective countries (or is that outdated info?).

Therefore aren't the EFL responsible for allowing the flagrant abuse of the postponement?

If guilty, what is the punishment? Instant loss of game to q 3-0 score line (again I think that came from a 1980s ruling.....)
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

uspompeyfan wrote:Surely to be called off, Fleetwood would have needed at least 2 first team players in the line-up for their respective countries (or is that outdated info?).

Therefore aren't the EFL responsible for allowing the flagrant abuse of the postponement?

If guilty, what is the punishment? Instant loss of game to q 3-0 score line (again I think that came from a 1980s ruling.....)
Well Bolton got a suspended -2 for calling off a game with Donny was it or Brentford last season? Fleetwood could always go down that route next time with little fear of retribution-me cynical. Never!! :D
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:25 pm Surely to be called off, Fleetwood would have needed at least 2 first team players in the line-up for their respective countries (or is that outdated info?).

It's 3, but that does include U21 games.

Billy Crellin - England U21
Dan Mooney - Wales U21
Harry Souttar - Australia
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Thanks for the update on the rules
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.