FAO Selsey Bill

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

FAO Selsey Bill

Post by Locky_McLockface »

As others have taken great delight in pointing out, SB, you have traditionally been the most optimistic supporter in the Pompeyverse, until recently, when you've posted both here and on Twitter about your dissatisfaction with Kenny Jackett.

With us now in the midst of promotion-winning form, has your glass turned back to being half-full?
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Re: FAO Selsey Bill

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Like SB I am by nature an optimist, but before we get too carried away I believe that the stats below are correct.

All Pompey's four home league wins this season have been against current bottom six clubs.

Pompey have yet to win a league game home or away so far this season against a side in the current top half of the league.

We have the chance to rectify those stats in the next few games against teams near the top of the league, but it is a long way from being a done deal!

I think that it will be very revealing to see where we are at the end of the year - I desperately hope that we will have sustained our good current run, starting tomorrow with a big game against Rotherham, who are down from league one and have excellent away form.

PUP
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: FAO Selsey Bill

Post by Selsey Bill »

I'll always be a 'half-full' person, that's in my DNA! What I have accepted is that there is little or no chance of Jackett getting sacked, unless the wheels well and truly fall off and we end up flirting with relegation but I can't see that happening. So on that basis, I am going going to get behind the team on the pitch, and put up with Jackett and his boring style of football, strange tactics, weird team selections and bizarre substitutions.

Of our remaining league games in 2019, 4 of them are at home, and coincidentally against the current top four teams in the league. No disrespect to the likes of Lincoln, Bristol Rovers, Southend and Rochdale, but they really are not very good. Tomorrow night, however, will be the first proper test we’ve had for some time and will give me a good idea of just how far we’ve come. I'll be there cheering us on, I always do, and I have certainly never boo'd the team, or chanted 'Jackett Out' during a match. However, I do firmly believe that our squad of players is good enough to finish in the top 6, and there is nothing more I'd like to happen, but if they do I suspect that it will be in spite of Jackett, not because of him. In closing, it is highly unlikely that I will change my view on Jackett as our manager. If we have ambitions of getting back into the Championship (my ideal) I personally don't think he is the man to take us there and keep us there.