Fleetwood

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Fleetwood

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Three changes of player plus one positional.. Seddon in at left back, Walkes to midfield in place of Close, Cannon in for Evans and Marquis in for Harrison up front.

I quite like the look of this team, but can Marquis cut it on his own up front? We shall soon find out.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Fleetwood

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

0-1 Bolton after 66 mins.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

0-2 Harness after 71 mins
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Job done. Pompey win 1 - 2
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

It would seem that Marquis scored the second!

Well done Pompey, on to the 4th Round.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Watched the game on Hesgoal.com with a Danish commentary. Not a classic by any means but we were definitely the better of two average sides. First half eminently forgettable. Second only marginally better but at least we found the net twice. Late goal for Fleetwood took a huge deflection which took it away from Bass. Job done and onwards to round four . Let's draw someone to whet the appetite .
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Yes, RM, it was a dismal opening 45 minutes. Can't quite believe how KJ could describe that as two quality sides. A half of misplaced passes and plenty of hoofball. The second half was improved. Fleetwood looked awful throughout. Our goals were absolute gifts. My cat could have bundled those in. I see Joey had got his excuses out ready before ball was kicked by pointing to the cost of our squad and mischieviously claiming we paid over £3m for Marquis and over £1m for Harness.

Good to see Close making way for someone else though I don't think it made a huge difference. Seddon looks solid - no more than that at this stage while too many players seemed to go anonymous for long periods. I wish we had more players who were comfortable on the ball and not just blindly smashing it forwards at every opportunity.
But hey ho, into the fourth round. I don't think anyone will be shaking in their shoes to draw us on Monday.
I'm off now to say a quiet prayer.........please don't let it be THEM!
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I wasn't there but watched the game live on a betting site - very good quality with no commentary, but all I could here was Westwood and his bl**dy bell. Anyway, I am going to be positive for the first time in ages. I thought we played really well and thoroughly deserved the win. They are a very well organised and disciplined team, hence their position in the league, but I thought we outmatched them, and nullified their very good strike force well. Was delighted to see Seddon play so well, my MOTM by a country mile. At last, we have someone who can play set pieces well. Naylor was as good as ever bar one rickett. Raggett was awful. Bass looked really good - great positional understanding, and Harness had his best game for a while. Cannon also continues to make a difference in midfield and Walkes was more than an ample replacement for Close, though I suspect the latter was rested rather than dropped. Anyway, great to be in the draw for the next round. Would personally love a peachy home tie against a top premier team. PUP
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by New Forester »

Was looking for highlights on PFC site.

But they are here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50987213
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Best of all, beating that utter knob Barton at his house.
Div III. Call it what it is.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

I'm with SB. Watched a live stream, we played very well & really apart from a opening spell 2nd half were clearly the better team throughout.