Pitman off to Swindon?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Pitman off to Swindon?

Post by Dinksy »

Sounds a bit speculative at the moment. According to The Sun IF Eoin Doyle is recalled by Bradford, Pitman and Sunderland's McNulty are their top targets. Plymouth also interested in making a move on him apparently. Having seen them all in a blue shirt, out of Pitman, Doyle and McNulty, who would you prefer leading the line? I always liked McNulty - mobile, athletic and a very decent goal-scoring rate.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Pitman off to Swindon?

Post by pompeygunner »

This was speculated on last summer as well. He's finished here & maybe better for all parties if he moved. But as I understand it he's based in Bournemouth & is loathe to move out the area.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Milton End »

And his PFC contract finishes in Summer 2020 according to the News
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Left out of the squad for tonight's match .
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

pompeygunner wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:43 am This was speculated on last summer as well. He's finished here & maybe better for all parties if he moved. But as I understand it he's based in Bournemouth & is loathe to move out the area.
FFS, he was at Ipswich. Neither Swindon nor Plymouth are as far out of the way as that.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Locky_McLockface wrote:
pompeygunner wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:43 am This was speculated on last summer as well. He's finished here & maybe better for all parties if he moved. But as I understand it he's based in Bournemouth & is loathe to move out the area.
FFS, he was at Ipswich. Neither Swindon nor Plymouth are as far out of the way as that.
Yes but he has a young family now Locky. One of the reasons he came here was to be close by.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

pompeygunner wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:59 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote:
Yes but he has a young family now Locky. One of the reasons he came here was to be close by.
The point being more that if he's based in Bournemouth, Swindon isn't that far to go.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:13 pm
pompeygunner wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:59 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote:
The point being more that if he's based in Bournemouth, Swindon isn't that far to go.
Yeah but who'd want to go there. He's even been doing some coaching apparently with the cherries so I cant see it myself.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Been suggested Plymouth might be for him although that is 135 miles from Bournemouth and an appalling road.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

As Doyle is looking increasingly likely to return from his loan spell to Bradford, Swindon will be looking to recruit a proven goalscorer to replace him. I truly believe a move to Swindon would suit Pitman as they are currently top of the league and playing decent football and play a style into which he could easily fit. His days with us are clearly numbered so if he is looking to win a final medal of his career he could certainly do worse than joining Swindon who are clear favourites with all bookies to clinch the League Two title.

Alternatively, if he stays with us to see out his contract and rediscovers some form, could he get a final Wembley appearance in a repeat of last year's EFL Trophy? Either way, I will wish him well.