Wallsall

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Wallsall

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

we win 1-2
Put the champers down...try and contain your excitement people.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Wallsall

Post by Weybridge »

Marquis & Harrison, Strikers doing their thing for once:)

Also a pen saved by McG.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

league champs and a double cup win still on.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Rocketman
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Rocketman »

Afraid not Weybridge. Marquis was useless throughout, had chances galore and even the goal he scored would have gone in anyway from Burgess; just like Saturday he "helped" it in. He looks like a girl the way he runs, and kicks at goal like one too (sorry girls)
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

2 goals in 2 games now for Marquis. I don't care how he runs or how he kicks as long as he gets a few goals.

He is a proven goalscorer at this level (okay, not so far for us) so could this be the re-kick-start we have been waiting for. Sure he has missed a few but lets see what happens over the next few games. Fingers crossed.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Only watched on ifollow but a few things that caught my eye.

The pitch surface didn't look the best, and I believe that Guy Whittingham commented on it.

For a first game after months out injured Haji Mnoga was terrific. Big, quick, strong and likes a tackle - must be a strong contender for the right back spot in the first team.

When Seddon came on he looked class and has a really sweet left foot.

Central defence looked like the Keystone Cops from time to time, especially when high balls came at them. Having said that, maybe Raggett was a bit unlucky for the first penalty.

The other new guy, whose name escapes me, did okay and is good on the ball.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:38 am For a first game after months out injured Haji Mnoga was terrific. Big, quick, strong and likes a tackle - must be a strong contender for the right back spot in the first team.
From when I first saw him, Mnoga has reminded me of Micah Richards. I am not sure to what extent this is a good thing.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:59 am
Berkshire Blue wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:38 am For a first game after months out injured Haji Mnoga was terrific. Big, quick, strong and likes a tackle - must be a strong contender for the right back spot in the first team.
From when I first saw him, Mnoga has reminded me of Micah Richards. I am not sure to what extent this is a good thing.
I know what you mean, but if he goes on to play for England I am sure that everybody will be quite happy, as long as we don't mess up the sell on clause when he leaves us!
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Rocketman wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:13 pm Afraid not Weybridge. Marquis was useless throughout, had chances galore and even the goal he scored would have gone in anyway from Burgess; just like Saturday he "helped" it in. He looks like a girl the way he runs, and kicks at goal like one too (sorry girls)
Just watched the highlights, but I’d say Marquis was right to thump the ball home. Two defenders on the line could well have cleared the Burgess header.

I wasn’t at the game obviously and highlights don’t give a true picture, but one thing which looked promising was our ability to feed Marquis, and for him to find space. Shot placement aside, he looked like he was up for it - which hasn’t always been the case this season. Scoring goals is a habit though, hopefully there’s a bit more understanding on that front line now.

Cracking header from Harrison again. He seems to thrive late in games when tiredness sets in the defence.

Both pens looked a bit dubious though. Outside the box, nobody would have batted an eyelid if the ref had waved play on. The second was 90% dive, 10% hand on the back.

Still, last eight now.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Weybridge wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:23 am Still, last eight now.
Fingers crossed for Salford away. Or can we not yet play northern teams?
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

GreenBlue wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:31 pm 2 goals in 2 games now for Marquis. I don't care how he runs or how he kicks as long as he gets a few goals.

He is a proven goalscorer at this level (okay, not so far for us) so could this be the re-kick-start we have been waiting for. Sure he has missed a few but lets see what happens over the next few games. Fingers crossed.
Yes, they all count the same whether a 20 yard screamer or a tap in from half a yard .
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Pompey Penguin wrote:
Weybridge wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:23 am Still, last eight now.
Fingers crossed for Salford away. Or can we not yet play northern teams?
From the quarter finals on, there's no regionalisation of the draw, PP which is tomorrow lunchtime.
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Scunthorpe stuffing Citeh U21s 3-0 at half time.