Milton End Plans

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Milton End Plans

Post by New Forester »

King George V decreed that it shall not be used for anything other than public playing fields.

Just proves the world went mad long ago.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Milton End Plans

Post by portchesterblue »

Portchester PFC wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:43 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:16 pm
Portchester PFC wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:48 pm
GreenBlue wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:20 pm Just out of interest, was the idea of a stadium at Horsea Island completely killed off?
For me it would be a great place but the transport could be a problem, its got buses but the nearest train is Portchester or Cosham, both a hefty walk. Getting in and out with cars could be a major issue, it would need a dedicated on/off from the Motorway.

I still believe Locksway Road is where they will go but King George V playing fields at Cosham would be a great venue,decent existing road access, Cosham Station a stones throw away (might need some work though) and buses all go past that area. There is plenty of land there, most of the footy pitches are not being utilised, could swop Roko to provide the public pitches and have the whole Pompey set up at KGV, including training ground.
The pitches there are used quite a lot, actually. My team are there Sunday morning.

There is also the little thing about the covenant that King George V decreed that it shall not be used for anything other than public playing fields.
They are used Locky, but i dont think they are used as much as they used to be and could easily be accommodated elsewhere such as Roko if Pompey moved out.

Part of it could still be used as public playing fields, I am guessing the old IBM offices there were built on part of it at some time.

Anyway, dont think he would be in a position to object :rofl
King George does have a covenant that it must be public, and those pitches are used all weekend for football. I don't think its big enough to house a stadium, with parking and a training centre anyway