MK Dons

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: MK Dons

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:05 pm
I have been a big critic of Williams in the past, but he does have advantages over Harness. Defensively, Williams isn't great, but at least he is in the right place (roughly), whereas Harness just looks confused. He works hard up and down, wears defenders down and is a solid wide player.
I agree with this. Defensively Williams isn't great, but at least he does track back, unlike Harness, and he is quicker. My main issue with Williams is his end result. As one of my sons keeps quoting "Apparently Williams's ballot paper was null and void in the last General Election because he failed to put a cross in the box" :lol:
Pompey Penguin wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:05 pm Harness is clearly the greater attacking threat, but his best moments often come later in games as space appears and he has licence to wander all over the place. I am not sure I agree, but there is an argument that playing Williams for an hour and Harness for 30 minutes is the best use of their respective talents and the most productive strategy.
This certainly worked to good effect last night as Harness could have had a hat trick in the 20 or so minutes he was on the pitch last night, and tired defenders can't cope with his trickery.

In conclusion, if you could merge the best attributes of these two players you'd have a winger good enough to play in the Championship comfortably, but rip League 1 up.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Re: MK Dons

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:17 pm [quote="Pompey Penguin" post_id=893860 time=1582729525 user_

In conclusion, if you could merge the best attributes of these two players you'd have a winger good enough to play in the Championship comfortably, but rip League 1 up.
I assume that you mean someone like Jamal Lowe then? I really miss seeing him play at FP. I can maybe see Marcus Harness getting close to that if he can sharpen up his defensive play without blunting his attacking skills - he is still young and learning.