v Posh...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

v Posh...

Post by eltorrro »

...I see KJ has once again picked a team 'not to lose' rather than to win??? Is it true Harrison is not in squad due to his missus about to produce? If so, that is unbelievable considering the huge importance this one game has (time to put non pregnancy clauses in contracts methinks!!)

Afraid I can't see Pompey winning this one and will go for a 2-0 loss...shame. 8)
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: v Posh...

Post by Dinksy »

Still a very strong team and a good bench.....mind you, so is theirs.
IMO got to avoid defeat in this one and Rotherham to give a reasonable chance of climbing into the top two.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

eltorrro wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:40 pm ...I see KJ has once again picked a team 'not to lose' rather than to win??? Is it true Harrison is not in squad due to his missus about to produce? If so, that is unbelievable considering the huge importance this one game has (time to put non pregnancy clauses in contracts methinks!!)

Afraid I can't see Pompey winning this one and will go for a 2-0 loss...shame. 8)
Are you a father?
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

2-0 now - Peterborough do have such an impressive forward line don't they, and that is with Eisa on the bench!
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Yes...and grandfather...but these are professional footballers ffs!! I wasn't allowed to have time off when my kids were born. Arrange things to suit!! And so I've been proved right and KJ has cocked up again...just not good enough...change needed. 8)
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Not as disastrous as it could have been with other teams around us not winning either - Tuesday now is vital to win.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

I don't think we're quite into 'must-win' territory yet but there's no doubt about it, Fleetwood on Tuesday is probably our biggest game of the seaon so far. And they are about to get get bigger...
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

eltorrro wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:01 pm Yes...and grandfather...but these are professional footballers ffs!! I wasn't allowed to have time off when my kids were born. Arrange things to suit!! And so I've been proved right and KJ has cocked up again...just not good enough...change needed. 8)
Hilarious
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

eltorrro wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:01 pm Yes...and grandfather...but these are professional footballers ffs!! I wasn't allowed to have time off when my kids were born. Arrange things to suit!! And so I've been proved right and KJ has cocked up again...just not good enough...change needed. 8)
Hilarious
[/quote][/quote]

Why??? 8)
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:02 pm Not as disastrous as it could have been with other teams around us not winning either - Tuesday now is vital to win.
Yup true. Can't help but feel all these times we've lost and other games have gone our way we could be sitting fairly comfortably in the top two.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Well I am not sure if you are being serious or not, I suspect not, in fact I hope not.
If you really believe that a manager should be sacked for allowing a player to be present at the birth if a child, then it's hilarious that you have such an archaic view of the world.
If as I suspect, you are having a chuckle to yourself, I like your sense of humour
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Not much too see. They put you at the head end and yer missus breaks yer hand with a vice grip. Though I did get a flashlight close up view of the head before exit. Of course that was years ago. Maybe these days they encourage you to chew the umbilical off.
I think if my employer said "no" they wouldn't be my employer anymore.
Div III. Call it what it is.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by New Forester »

If you had a prospect of winning an Olympic Gold Medal at 100 metres and your wife was due to give birth, would you pull out of the final?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Sorry for delay in response...been watching REAL men with commitment playing what they get paid for!!! Afraid I am being serious...if you don't want to play for any reason...leave!!! 8)
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

New Forester wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:27 pm If you had a prospect of winning an Olympic Gold Medal at 100 metres and your wife was due to give birth, would you pull out of the final?
Probably if you were that good, pulling out 9.5 months prior tot he Olympic final would have been a better choice :-)
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.