v Posh...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: v Posh...

Post by eltorrro »

uspompeyfan wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:41 pm
New Forester wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:27 pm If you had a prospect of winning an Olympic Gold Medal at 100 metres and your wife was due to give birth, would you pull out of the final?
Probably if you were that good, pulling out 9.5 months prior tot he Olympic final would have been a better choice :-)
More or less what I said..Family Planning!!! 8)
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

uspompeyfan wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:41 pm
New Forester wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:27 pm If you had a prospect of winning an Olympic Gold Medal at 100 metres and your wife was due to give birth, would you pull out of the final?
Probably if you were that good, pulling out 9.5 months prior tot he Olympic final would have been a better choice :-)
bwahahahaaha.
On the question, no, but I'd be supported by Wife and the Olympic final is once every 4 yrs and not every Saturday afternoon
Div III. Call it what it is.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Peterborough v Pompey > Olympic 100m final 😂
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

eltorrro wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:38 pm Sorry for delay in response...been watching REAL men with commitment playing what they get paid for!!! Afraid I am being serious...if you don't want to play for any reason...leave!!! 8)
In that case please pass on my condolences to your family, you clearly think nothing if them if work comes before family
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by GreenBlue »

This result was disappointing but not disastrous as we are still well in touch. It now appears that there are 8 teams going for the top 6 and our match against Fleetwood takes on enormous importance especially as the other 6 in the top 8, on paper, have relatively easy looking next games.

For the record, I am right behind KJ on allowing Harrison to be with his wife at the birth of their child and I respect Harrison himself for choosing that over his job. Quite right. Yes, things were different in the past but that was the past and now is now. Some would love to turn the clock back but ... hey-ho.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

May I offer a compromise?
Why not bring the missus along to the game? Then if she produces, they can use the dressing rooms bath. Sort of throw her in like they do with the manager if they win promotion and then toss the baby from player to player afterwards. Good bonding for everyone and a chance for the player to show that he (and his offspring) are truly loyal to the club. I think that's what the Leeds team of '72 did.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Is Harrison actually that good?

Reminds me of Benjani in some ways. Does a lot or running but not really much of a threat...
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:02 am Is Harrison actually that good?

Reminds me of Benjani in some ways. Does a lot or running but not really much of a threat...
Harrison is a warrior and an excellent disrupter of defences, thereby hopefully enabling team mates to have space to score whilst getting the occasional goal himself.

If we want someone who does that and also scores loads of goals on top of disrupting defences we should buy Ivan Toney, who always seems to score against us, and pretty well everyone else for that matter. Why he is not playing in a higher league is a mystery to me, and I would think that his value in the transfer market would make the Eisners cough a bit to say the least.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:02 am Is Harrison actually that good?

Well, he's a far better footballer than John Marquis (IMHO)
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

eltorrro wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:38 pm Sorry for delay in response...been watching REAL men with commitment playing what they get paid for!!! Afraid I am being serious...if you don't want to play for any reason...leave!!! 8)
Not sure many people will agree with you.

Nothing, but nothing, comes in the way of becoming a father.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Totally agree with you Locky...becoming a grandfather is equal in stature!

My beef was the fact he is a professional footballer and has a known season he is required to fulfill his contractual obligations...so, plan for these things!!

By the way, did the lady give birth, are congrats in order and if so, is all well? 8)
Forzapompey
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Forzapompey »

He is still an employee, how would you feel if you or a family member were told by an employer that they couldn’t attend the birth of their child? As regards planning a birth, I don’t know anybody who’s actually taken the time to think “oh I’d better not have it away tonight as it might mean taking a day off work in 9 months time” you just get carried away with the moment.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

eltorrro wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:15 pm Totally agree with you Locky...becoming a grandfather is equal in stature!

My beef was the fact he is a professional footballer and has a known season he is required to fulfill his contractual obligations...so, plan for these things!!

By the way, did the lady give birth, are congrats in order and if so, is all well? 8)
Pregnancies aren't always planned. Births aren't always predictable.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:29 pm
eltorrro wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:15 pm Totally agree with you Locky...becoming a grandfather is equal in stature!

This.

It took me and Mrs TTNY nearly three years to conceive, and then our son arrived nearly a month early. Not the easiest thing to plan (or hit) a due date you know.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

This Time Next Year wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:59 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:29 pm

This.

It took me and Mrs TTNY nearly three years to conceive, and then our son arrived nearly a month early. Not the easiest thing to plan (or hit) a due date you know.
We had the opposite trouble.