Symbolic only but...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Symbolic only but...

Post by GreenBlue »

Dinsky, I had intended to ignore your obvious wind-up but just wanted clarity on a few things with this, my latest sermon.

1. Yes, I absolutely did applaud as millions across the country did in a show of unity and support and would do the same again even if it meant making just one NHS worker feel more valued.
2. judgemental clowns? Not really sure to whom you are referring here. If it is to me, please explain how I fell into that category within the above post and if you are referring to others, why was that relevant in a post about #clapforcarers? (I will however not disappoint you in my judgemental penultimate paragraph of this post.
3. finger-pointing oaf? I am not aware that I have done so in this forum however I believe that people who are not following scientific-based advice on the current virus issue are bl**dy idiots and endangering others.
4. I have a dark sense of humour when with certain friends but am also acutely aware that not everyone shares the same sense of humour and so try to avoid comments that could be misconstrued as offensive when in wider society.
5. Pius? If you are suggesting that I always try to do what I believe to be the decent thing to do hen thank you, I will take that as a compliment. If you are suggesting that I am 'more holy than thou', then my mate the Devil and I must be doing a pretty good job covering our traces.

Ok, this is where I do become judgemental. I think you have shown yourself to be a prat by your negative/dismissive attitude to something that was intended to be very positive. Your views have also portrayed you as somebody who is very narrow-minded (I won't go as far as to say xenophobic as I don't know enough about you to make that statement). Again, yes hands-up, I am being judgemental but you clearly get most of your news and views from the hate-inspired Daily Mail and/or Piers Morgan (both which take a story or non-story and massively embellish them with opinion rather than fact) Oh, and one more thing, I think it is great that the wonderful people of Pompey will be singing their hearts out today but aren't you being a bit two-faced by suggesting the clapping is copying another countries actions but the singing isn't? f we didn't do what other European countries have done we would not be drinking wine nor beer.... What have the Romans ever done for us?

So, in summary, I try to base my views on facts alone;
Is this virus f%$king nasty? YES
Was there a communal event for the country to try to say thank you to care worker? YES
Did I partake? YES

Amen

Right, off to behead some cute baby kittens...
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Symbolic only but...

Post by Dinksy »

:tw