This is a giant over-reaction led by the press and rather meekly followed by the people and their govt. Remember also that the medical field is ONLY interested in saving lives and not at all interested in the greater repercussions of ongoing shutdowns because that's their thing....their job. Also remember that the press and the clever doctors are all preaching to you from the perspective of people still getting paid to work.
Firstly, let me share a tragic FACT with y'all. Are you sitting down?... because this is a tough one.
We're all going to die.
There....I've said it. Eventually, at some point, everyone dies. Perhaps most of us shuffle off quietly in our sleep, some succumb to illness, heart attack, cancer. Some bow out before their time in car wrecks etc. And some die from new virus thingies. But....we all die.
Now, let me say, I understand completely the flattening of the curve thing so that our healthcare is not overwhelmed.
Now, here's some FACTS as I understand them.
1. The death rate here is hard to pin down as soooo many people get it but have zero symptoms or very mild symptoms. Thus published death rates of 2%-12% are BS as they are simply positive tests vs deaths and in no way account for the gazzilions of peeps that had it / or had it mildly and were never tested. By my best math and reading of proper news, the death rate as best as I can figure is somewhere between 0.1 and 0.2%
2. European stats suggest 50% of deaths were in nursing homes. Now, whilst all deaths are tragic (remember the opener...we all die) obviously most deaths are those souls on their last legs anyways.
3. Of the rest of the poor souls that pass on, healthcare workers, prison populations and high density cities make up the bulk of the rest of the casualties. Meaning current restrictions on life simply don't apply to most of the population.
4. 50,000 deaths in the USA!....that's a lot!....except it isn't with a population of 360 million
5. All this carp we are going through isn't changing ANYTHING AT ALL, other than the date you will eventually get exposed. Eventually, everyone will get exposed and the result of that will be what it is, but the quicker this happens, the quicker "Herd Immunity" is gained and we all move on until the next pandemic 100 years from now.
6. Hers a quote from the US CDC (centers for disease control) last year on FLU
" The current flu season started at the beginning of October and lasts until May. As of Feb. 9, between 15.4 million and 17.8 million people nationwide have caught the flu, the Centers for Disease and Control reported.
Two million of those cases came in the week that ended Feb. 9. The CDC warned that was the highest flu activity it has seen this season, USA Today reported.
There have been 11,600 to 19,100 deaths so far.
A total of 34 influenza-associated pediatric deaths have been reported to CDC for this season. For the 2017-2018 season, 185 pediatric flu deaths were reported.
Between 184,000 and 221,000 people have been hospitalized with the flu so far this season.
The CDC said the flu typically kills 12,000 to 56,000 people in the U.S. in a year.
“The number of deaths we’re seeing is a little bit surprising,” CDC epidemiologist Brendan Flannery told the Wall Street Journal. “It’s a reminder that flu can be severe.”
those numbers sound a bit familiar???
Now, as much as Trump is a total F@#tard, he's right when he says "the cure cant be worse that the disease."
I'll leave you with this:
Would you shut down your country, bankrupt a shedload of people, ruin small business and the life's work of many people, trash the future dreams of a shedload of citizens, increase suicide, increase drug addiction/despair, empty the bankrolls of millions...….for 1 life.???
For a million lives???
So, there's a number isn't there?...So......what is it?
Well, I say we've reached it and sensible people have the information they need to act how they wish and its time to open up and move on.
Almost lastly, I shall offer conjecture that all this social distancing and hand washing will prove to be disastrous. We, as a species, are supposed to contact germs / viruses / bacteria in smallish doses. This is how we gain immunities. This is how the world works.
I'll end with.... if you've had a personal tragedy or have a family member / friend that hasn't pulled through then I apologize. This thread is meant to take the "personnel" out of the equation.