Possible Confusion

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Re: Possible Confusion

Post by Locky_McLockface »

GreenBlue wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:02 pm On the one hand he seemed to say that we are back to business as normal
I really don't see how anyone could possibly interpret what Boris said last night as "we are back to normal".
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:54 pm I don’t get it. Where does the confusion come from? Everything is the same before apart from from Wednesday we can go out for unlimited exercise.

Everything else was dependent on what happens with the five tests with nothing confirmed. People have been bitching about there being no talk about ending lockdown and wanting to know the plan and we’ve always been told that it depends entirely on what the data says. Now the government have finally come out in public with next steps and making it clear it’s dependent on the data people are moaning. I don’t get it. I even rewatched to make sure I hadn’t missed anything but what is it exactly he said this evening that have gotten people so confused?
I think people are confused because he didn't say what they were (A) expecting him to say and (B) wanting him to say. I cannot for the life of me see any confusion at all.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Ar$e and elbow come to mind :roll:
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

There is a section of the public that needs things spelt out in easy to understand steps for them as they are totally incapable of thinking for themselves. It's pretty much as you were with a few tempters thrown in if everyone behaves themselves and does as they are told. But Joe Public only sees the end prize and not the journey there whilst Boris is only capable of talking in riddles.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

And then you get Dominic Raab saying one thing in morning interviews which is contradicted in the 50-page document published at 2pm. As I said, ar$e and elbow.
Last edited by No Shot Sherlock on Mon May 11, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:03 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:54 pm I don’t get it. Where does the confusion come from? Everything is the same before apart from from Wednesday we can go out for unlimited exercise.

Everything else was dependent on what happens with the five tests with nothing confirmed. People have been bitching about there being no talk about ending lockdown and wanting to know the plan and we’ve always been told that it depends entirely on what the data says. Now the government have finally come out in public with next steps and making it clear it’s dependent on the data people are moaning. I don’t get it. I even rewatched to make sure I hadn’t missed anything but what is it exactly he said this evening that have gotten people so confused?
I think people are confused because he didn't say what they were (A) expecting him to say and (B) wanting him to say. I cannot for the life of me see any confusion at all.
I also thought it was pretty straightforward. I was pleased he didn't mention garden centres as many of the media had been going on about it for days

Lots of people had been saying they want to be treated as adults by government and when we are asked to use a bit of common sense they don't know what to do and don't seem to know what stay alert means.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Where as the 50-page document apparently says garden centres can open from Wednesday.

Oh, and the 50-page document is a 60-page document. Confused?
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:19 pm Where as the 50-page document apparently says garden centres can open from Wednesday.

No . It was said in the speech that a document with more details would be released today
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:25 pm
No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:19 pm Where as the 50-page document apparently says garden centres can open from Wednesday.

No . It was said in the speech that a document with more details would be released today
Mate, I'm delighted you can restart your business, and sincerely hope it's not too long before you can be back to full operation, but the government are making a complete dog's breakfast of things imho. Even members of the cabinet are contradicting one another.

Fortunately it makes no difference to me and Mrs NSS - nothing has changed.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:54 pm
Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:25 pm

Mate, I'm delighted you can restart your business, and sincerely hope it's not too long before you can be back to full operation, but the government are making a complete dog's breakfast of things imho. Even members of the cabinet are contradicting one another.

Fortunately it makes no difference to me and Mrs NSS - nothing has changed.
Thanks and yes I have noticed it's been said that some of them have contradicted each other . I have only seen last night's speech. Which didn't leave me confused

I'm yet to have time today hear today's speech or read the document. I will let you know later if I'm confused 👍
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Let me know if you find any reference to garden centres in it. I can't :?
Thats Rich
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Thats Rich »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:05 pm Let me know if you find any reference to garden centres in it. I can't :?
Hi NSS. There is a direct reference to garden centres in the final paragraph of section 3 of the Guidance document titled Staying alert and safe (social distancing) published today.

TR
Why always me!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Thats Rich wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:45 pm
No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:05 pm Let me know if you find any reference to garden centres in it. I can't :?
Hi NSS. There is a direct reference to garden centres in the final paragraph of section 3 of the Guidance document titled Staying alert and safe (social distancing) published today.

TR
I must be blind mate. What folio number are you looking at, please? I've done a word search of the whole document and can't find a single iteration of garden.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:03 pm

TR
I must be blind mate. What folio number are you looking at, please? I've done a word search of the whole document and can't find a single iteration of garden.
Yes it's there mate. I'm still not confused 😂
Thats Rich
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Thats Rich »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:03 pm

TR
Here is the link mate. Section 3 is businesses and venues.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... distancing
Why always me!