SAGE Minutes

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

SAGE Minutes

Post by Mr Dee »

The minutes of all the sage meetings have been released . Im not going to comment just thought some of you may like to read them. 👍
https://www.gov.uk/search/transparency- ... mergencies
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Re: SAGE Minutes

Post by Sam_Brown »

This will keep people busy for a bit looking for the next "gotcha". Noticed they've only released up until early May so far. Wonder if that's by design or they just haven't gotten round to doing the others yet.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:47 pm This will keep people busy for a bit looking for the next "gotcha". Noticed they've only released up until early May so far. Wonder if that's by design or they just haven't gotten round to doing the others yet.
Have you read them ? Am I missing something as I'm not seeing sage recommending a lockdown at all . The three days before it was implemented there weren't even any meetings
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Mr Nuts, do you believe the same number or even fewer people would have died had there not been the stay home policy?
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:49 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:47 pm This will keep people busy for a bit looking for the next "gotcha". Noticed they've only released up until early May so far. Wonder if that's by design or they just haven't gotten round to doing the others yet.
Have you read them ? Am I missing something as I'm not seeing sage recommending a lockdown at all . The three days before it was implemented there weren't even any meetings
I haven't read them no.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

GreenBlue wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:29 am Mr Nuts, do you believe the same number or even fewer people would have died had there not been the stay home policy?
It's hard to say even now with hindsight. In many countries with different approaches the virus seems to have tracked about the same whatever measures were implemented. Although fatalities varied.

Do I think lockdown has gone on too long ? Yes , the R in the community has been at around 0.4 - 0.5 for several weeks but averages out to 1 or slightly below when care homes and hospitals are added .

Sage seem to suggest that we should be being given 3 seperate R numbers rather one including everything .
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:34 pm Sage seem to suggest that we should be being given 3 seperate R numbers rather one including everything .
That would be a good idea.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix