Ladies golf.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Ladies golf.

Post by New Forester »

43 years ago a guy walked past my house carrying a golf club. “A golfer I presume” says I. The remark led to a great friendship which endures to this day. Mike Bennet is a life member of Royal Lytham, bought for him by his dad. One of the perks of membership is being a steward at major championships and being able to invite visitors to the clubhouse during competitions. In 1982 a group of us of 7 couples booked a hotel so that we could go to the Open in 1987. We all went. We were the only “civilians” there. The whole of the rest of the hotel had been booked by the Royal and Ancient for golfers and TV people. At meals we were surrounded by famous names including Gary Player and Bob Charles. We took turns to visit the club house during the tournament. I remember a brief chat with Seve, Bernhard Langer and Jack Nicklaus. It was heaven! This was the year the event went to a 5th day because of a Saturday washout. We were glad we had booked to include the Sunday night.

As to Mike. He rang me this morning. His daughter, who we have known since she was born, is Liz Young a former UK amateur champion and still a European tour player. He was telling me that she is currently in the news.

https://ladieseuropeantour.com/justin-r ... nitiative/

Sorry to prattle on but thought this little tale might be of interest to other golfers. And isn’t it a fact that chance encounters play a big part in the lives we lead?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Ladies golf.

Post by New Forester »

The first event in the series was held today at Brokenhurst Manor, my club for over 30 years.

In my post I mentioned Liz Young.

https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/6458114574905286631

She lost the play off. But a great performance.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb