Play Off versus Oxford.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Play Off versus Oxford.

Post by Claygate »

Get In...1-0 Pompey! Ronan Curtis the scorer
Claygate
Alan Knight

Post by Claygate »

1-1 Oxford level just before HT. 😔🤬
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

McCrorie mainly at fault for that goal, went walkabout and let one of their best players have a free run at our defence.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

McCrorie and MCGeehan are both rubbish.
Need to get Naylor on before McGeehan gets himself sent off.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

I thought that was a rather flat performance but as we have said in other threads it is hard to come back on tip top match form. I think the emphasis is now heavily on Pompey to pull out something special otherwise history will repeat itself again, again, again.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Second leg this evening. Bizarrely I am not feeling any sense of excitement nor nervousness about the match. Perhaps it's the COVID-19 break or the first leg was so dull that it completely dulled all my emotions but hopefully that will change in the immediate build up to the game.

I hate predicting against Pompey but fear that it could be Oxford celebrating this evening. Please prove me wrong @Pompey.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

GreenBlue wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:48 am Second leg this evening. Bizarrely I am not feeling any sense of excitement nor nervousness about the match. Perhaps it's the COVID-19 break or the first leg was so dull that it completely dulled all my emotions but hopefully that will change in the immediate build up to the game.

I hate predicting against Pompey but fear that it could be Oxford celebrating this evening. Please prove me wrong @Pompey.
I'm really not too bothered either . I get more excited about the yearly Havant and wsterlooville friendly
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

I'm not sure if I can even be bothered to watch this soulless stuff.
The cardboard cut-out fans are a suitable symbol mirroring the cardboard cut-out "football".
Without atmosphere, it has lost its heart.
It is an excerise in accountancy.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Love this graphic. Looks like Curtis is about to take one to the balls.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I will be watching this evening, and expect a similar "early season" type game. I am sure that there is plenty of will to win, but judging by previous seasons, it usually takes a few games for everyone to get up to match speed, even in front of decent crowds.

I just hope that fortune is on our side.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Dinksy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:09 am I'm not sure if I can even be bothered to watch this soulless stuff.
The cardboard cut-out fans are a suitable symbol mirroring the cardboard cut-out "football".
Slightly OT but as we are discussing closed doors, does anyone see a problem with this part of the guidelines for theatres reopening

"Guidance for a phased return of the performing arts, starting with performances behind closed doors"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53302415
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:52 am
Dinksy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:09 am I'm not sure if I can even be bothered to watch this soulless stuff.
Slightly OT but as we are discussing closed doors, does anyone see a problem with this part of the guidelines for theatres reopening

"Guidance for a phased return of the performing arts, starting with performances behind closed doors"

How does that work? I read through the article quickly so might have missed it but what does it mean to "perform behind closed doors"? Football I understand as the majority of fans watch from home anyway despite the fact I agree with Dinksy that it's a bit soulless at the moment with no crowd but what's the plan for the theatre? Every theatre to stream their performances for people to pay to see? Or is this purely so they can rehearse behind closed doors? Interesting to see the details on this.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Saddest sight was a video of Westward and his cohorts outside the main gates of Frogmore Road banging and singing away while the game was going on inside on Friday.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Dinksy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:37 pm Saddest sight was a video of Westward and his cohorts outside the main gates of Frogmore Road banging and singing away while the game was going on inside on Friday.
Really? Oh dear.... Perhaps he thought that if he made enough noise, they'd let him in...

I think that the lack of crowd noise is what contributed to the lack of enjoyment for many people. For me, I enjoyed the game, thought we were on top for large portions, and just shaded it on performance. Agree that McRorie was at fault for the goal, would like to see Bolton there tonight, and would like to see Seddon as the other FB. I thought Morris and McGeehan did a good job, and deserve to keep their starting position. I'd probably prefer Marquis to Harrison.

Still gonna lose, though.....
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:16 pm
Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:52 am

How does that work? I read through the article quickly so might have missed it but what does it mean to "perform behind closed doors"? Football I understand as the majority of fans watch from home anyway despite the fact I agree with Dinksy that it's a bit soulless at the moment with no crowd but what's the plan for the theatre? Every theatre to stream their performances for people to pay to see? Or is this purely so they can rehearse behind closed doors? Interesting to see the details on this.
It just says performances and rehearsals 🤷. Maybe they could stream it to cinemas who are allowed audience 😂