Oxford United - The team

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Southsea Bill
Collins Mbesuma

Oxford United - The team

Post by Southsea Bill »

This is what we're up against tomorrow. When you look at their fully fit squad, man for man they should walk these play offs. I also didn't realise the run they were on before the virus took hold. This video speaks for itself. Not feeling positive about this now.

GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Oxford United - The team

Post by GreenBlue »

It is easy to make a team look really good with a series of clips of goals. We could do the same for Pompey too.

Yes I agree Oxford were on a great run and you have to beat the team you are up against but of the 5 wins on the bounce, none were against any quality sides. There last 5 results were:

3-2 vs Shrewsbury. They were 2-0 down until Shrewsburu had a player sent off in the first half.
2-1 vs Southend. They scored a winner in the last 5 minutes against one of the worst, if not the worst side in the league.
3-0 vs Accrington. A good solid performance.
1-0 vs Ipswich. Ipswich have been poor this season.
5-0 vs AFC Wimbledon. A great performance and a great result.
Before those 5 they lost to Sunderland, drew with Bolton and were thrashed by Peterborough.

You can only beat who is in front of you and 5 on the bounce is impressive but this video makes them out to be world beaters but they are not. Play Up Pompey!
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Oxford United - The team

Post by New Forester »

Southsea Bill wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:34 pm This is what we're up against tomorrow. When you look at their fully fit squad, man for man they should walk these play offs. I also didn't realise the run they were on before the virus took hold. This video speaks for itself. Not feeling positive about this now.

Now don't fret. I'll spend my whole day looking forward to an exhilarating Pompey win that virtually takes us into the final. If it doesn't turn out that way, I'll double my whisky intake. So I'll be fine both ways.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb