Minimal fan return with face coverings.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Minimal fan return with face coverings.

Post by Mr Dee »

pompeygunner wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:15 pm FP is now so outdated sadly, really going to be difficult to imagine successfully social distancing crowds when games occur without massively reduced attendances.
Football is over for clubs outside the the premier League unless they let fans back .
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Unfortunately that is not going to happen any time soon. I honestly don't see full capacities back anywhere in the UK during the 2020/21 season.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

GreenBlue wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:38 am Unfortunately that is not going to happen any time soon. I honestly don't see full capacities back anywhere in the UK during the 2020/21 season.
Nope. Which will mean a lot less clubs by 2021/2022
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

RubiconCSL wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:43 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:14 pmIt's all about distraction, division and disinformation.
Any opportunity that raises its head for polarizing public opinion and therefore the public themselves, "they" pounce on it. Sadly, they are seldom disappointed. If we are fighting and bickering among ourselves, we ignore what is probably really going on. First, there was the clap for the NHS - if you didn't, you were a social pariah. Then BLM: if a player took the option not to kneel or someone suggested that all lives matter, he/she would be branded a racist. To Mask or Not to Mask is just another one. I feel they are also using these things as tests to see how malleable the greater public is, for more that is to come. I do hope I'm just a conspiracy theory idiot though - but I don't think I am.
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:14 pm Don't really have a point. Just throwing my $0.02 into the hat 🤷‍♂️.
I think you do and I agree wholeheartedly.
It's back!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53607907
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

So, by all accounts the Government are now considering the herd immunity approach whereby if you are young, not obese and have no underlying health issues you will be able to go out and do whatever you want. However, if you are over 50, sorry suckers, you are stuck in doors.

Interesting one this. I think the youngsters, 49 and under, do need to re-normalise as best they can but so do the oldies, 50 and over. (I jest when I call 50s and over old. at 55 I feel as young as I did when I was 54)

So using this logic, football fans should be able to attend games again but you will need to show ID at the turnstiles to prove you are not 50 or over!

Personally, I don't think this herd immunity idea for the under 50s will happen as it has too many flaws, the biggest being the chance of the under 50s passing it on to the over 50s or other under 50s who choose not to be part of the herd. It is extremely selfish and dangerous to take the opinion "I will take the risk and face the consequences" as the consequences may not be great for you but could be devastating for others.

I love the nice clear messages from the Government... "Provide advice that will make it easy for us to pass any potential blame on to the people rather than us".

We live in a strange world.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

I was under the impression that it still wasn’t proved you can become immune to Covid long term. Has that changed recently?

Edit: I just did a google and couldn’t find anything about the government suggesting this is the new strategy. Where did you here it?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
just blue
Milan Mandaric

Post by just blue »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:40 pm I was under the impression that it still wasn’t proved you can become immune to Covid long term. Has that changed recently?

Edit: I just did a google and couldn’t find anything about the government suggesting this is the new strategy. Where did you here it?
There's an article here about some ideas to stop a coronavirus second wave from crippling UK:

https://www.hampshirelive.news/news/ham ... op-4387535
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

just blue wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:23 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:40 pm I was under the impression that it still wasn’t proved you can become immune to Covid long term. Has that changed recently?

There's an article here about some ideas to stop a coronavirus second wave from crippling UK:

https://www.hampshirelive.news/news/ham ... op-4387535

Thanks. I didn’t see anything about herd immunity though.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Is anyone still taking anything this government says seriously ? They are lunatics who need removing.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:18 pm Is anyone still taking anything this government says seriously ? They are lunatics who need removing.
Agreed. Very dangerous. It was a game for most of the toffs in the party. Johnson doesn't really care as he is set for life but just wanted to play at prime Minister. Rees Mogg and his ilk are so far out of touch with the common man but... the common man voted this lot in. Staggering.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

The Tories are clearly no longer conservatives . If anything they seem to have turned into a very hard left party . I don't know what happened to Johnson during his illness but he seems to be a different person.

Labour benches seem to be incredibly immature and Starmer quite inept .

They all seem to forget they work for us .

I wouldn't vote for any of them .
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

It was interesting watching Hancock earlier trying and failing to explain the recent new rules in Manchester. It they don’t understand then what hope does the average person has. Part of me still feels the narrative is going to turn into it being the average person for not following the rules as opposed to the rules being poorly communicated.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
just blue
Milan Mandaric

Post by just blue »

GreenBlue wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:31 am I love the nice clear messages from the Government... "Provide advice that will make it easy for us to pass any potential blame on to the people rather than us".

We live in a strange world.
Yes, a strange world!

Overweight people are being asked to lose five pounds to save the NHS money and help lower the risk of dying from coronavirus as part of the Government’s new obesity crackdown.
OR
Eat Out to Help Out from 3 to 31 August, and get a 50% discount when you eat in at restaurants that are registered with the scheme. (McDonalds are registered, so that's good!).
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:47 am It was interesting watching Hancock earlier trying and failing to explain the recent new rules in Manchester. It they don’t understand then what hope does the average person has. Part of me still feels the narrative is going to turn into it being the average person for not following the rules as opposed to the rules being poorly communicated.
Yes, it will be our fault . From what I can gather "cases" began to rise at the beginning of July . Hospitalisations and deaths have continued to fall . So either we are gaining immunity , the virus is weakening or the tests are naff .
just blue
Milan Mandaric

Post by just blue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:47 am It was interesting watching Hancock earlier trying and failing to explain the recent new rules in Manchester. It they don’t understand then what hope does the average person has. Part of me still feels the narrative is going to turn into it being the average person for not following the rules as opposed to the rules being poorly communicated.
Yes, it will be our fault . From what I can gather "cases" began to rise at the beginning of July . Hospitalisations and deaths have continued to fall . So either we are gaining immunity , the virus is weakening or the tests are naff .
Or perhaps younger people are getting it and not needing hospital and not dying.