Pompey on Radio Solent.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 55 times

Pompey on Radio Solent.

Post by New Forester »

Most Pompey matches were on Radio Solent MW 999. No longer. So how will they broadcast the Pompey matches this season?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Pompey on Radio Solent.

Post by OldSpice »

You can listen to Pompey matches on Radio Solent Freeview TV channel 722.
PUP
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

Thanks. Will check it out.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by GreenBlue »

I hope you are right but I have sometimes found that they are not authorised to broadcast live football unless you listen to it via the radio.

Incidentally, if we win by 2 goals today we move into the play off places and if we lose by 2 we fall into the relegation places. Is it too early to speculate? :mrgreen:
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

GreenBlue wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 am Is it too early to speculate?
It's never too early to panic. This is football; one defeat is a crisis; one win is the second coming.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

OldSpice wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:16 pm You can listen to Pompey matches on Radio Solent Freeview TV channel 722.
True but only in the south of England, BBC Solent area.

The BBC channel Freeview 722 in London broadcasts another BBC local radio station, not BBC Radio Solent.

In addition, Express FM does not transmit its commentary feed from Radio Solent on its web site during the match: you have to listen to the broadcast which can only be heard in the Portsmouth area.

The only way that I've found for listening to the radio commentary in London (and anywhere else around the world, including Kolkata, Wuhan, Chicago, Botswana and Vietnam in my case) is through the club's iFollow web-based audio season-long pass - £45 - good value for money in my opinion.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

Its usually on their DAB channel (and better be today or I won't be able to listen)
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times

Post by OldSpice »

New Forester wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:22 pm Thanks. Will check it out.
Did that work for you?
PUP
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

Thanks yes. Didn't even know I had Freeview! It was also on my DAB radio Solent. What I'm really interested in is what happens when we play a match at the same time as Saints and Bournemouth. In recent times we were always relegated to the old 999am on Medium Wave. Will 722 Freeview carry Pompey regardless of who else is playing at the same time?
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

As Milton End mentioned, I think that £45 for an follow annual pass is good value. Live radio commentary for every match, extended highlights the day after the game, and full replays, if you can bear to watch! It is still an extra £10 to watch each live match though.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:26 am As Milton End mentioned, I think that £45 for an follow annual pass is good value. Live radio commentary for every match, extended highlights the day after the game, and full replays, if you can bear to watch! It is still an extra £10 to watch each live match though.
Highlights ?
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

Surely you don't need to subscribe to see the video highlights?
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Free highlights are on You Tube but you can pay iFollow for extended highlights
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

New Forester wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:36 am Thanks yes. Didn't even know I had Freeview! It was also on my DAB radio Solent. What I'm really interested in is what happens when we play a match at the same time as Saints and Bournemouth. In recent times we were always relegated to the old 999am on Medium Wave. Will 722 Freeview carry Pompey regardless of who else is playing at the same time?
I don't know how it works on DAB, but I always end up listening to the Pompey game in the car, regardless of who else is playing at the time. Perhaps that's because my car is located in Portsmouth, so they make the assumption - which of course won't help you, NF.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

I have just sent an email to Radio Solent about Pompey coverage in my area. Will post reply.