Joey Barton leaves Fleetwood with Immediate Effect

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Joey Barton leaves Fleetwood with Immediate Effect

Post by Jack_Tinn »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55534954

interesting. I suspect that there is a lot more to this departure than will likely be told in polite company. All does not seem well in the state of Denmark with both Ched Evans and Barton departing from Fleetwood in recent times.

I does mean that the team that Pompey will meet next in the league (probably) will be sans-Barton and may be sans-managers. It will be interesting to see what effect Joey's departure will have upon the Fleetwood players.

Maybe Fleetwood are struggling financially? Maybe the Board wanted to see more from the team on the field (but 10th in League 1 is not a bad position for Fleetwood given the size of the club) Maybe Joey spoke his mind too much and lost it with the Board, Maybe it's Maybeline?
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Joey Barton leaves Fleetwood with Immediate Effect

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:29 pm I suspect that there is a lot more to this departure than will likely be told in polite company.
Got to be. Barton has done a great job at Fleetwood given their support (or lack of it) and relatively limited finances.

On the maybes. Maybe he has been offered a job elsewhere, but I don't see where he would go; Sunderland have just appointed Lee Johnson and Oxford have turned things around lately, Blackpool?; could be somewhere struggling in the Championship (Derby?). Maybe he knows that Fleetwood are going down the tube and he is getting out before he has to rip the team apart.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Rumours of a punch up with Ched Evans..
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

pompeygunner wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:38 pm Rumours of a punch up with Ched Evans..
that would fit and would not be completely out of character for Joey 'handy' Barton