Heart Attack!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Heart Attack!

Post by RubiconCSL »

Cripes CK. I'm very glad you are okay. You don't want to be sharing an acceptable claret with "you know who" quite yet!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

blue architect wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:13 pm Interested to know how much that bill is when it arrives. I know my ICD is about £25k's worth plus about £4k's worth of digital reader sitting next to my bed monitoring me every night.
Ill add to the thread when I get it. I'm sure its in excess of 12k of which I'm on the hook for $1750 which is my maximum annual out of pocket amount.
If I have another one this year its a freebie.
Div III. Call it what it is.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

RubiconCSL wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:39 pm Cripes CK. I'm very glad you are okay. You don't want to be sharing an acceptable claret with "you know who" quite yet!
1st question I asked during the discharge conflab was: How many glasses of acceptable claret am I allowed per day over the next month or so.
2 was the answer....so that means 3 in my book.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:41 pm
RubiconCSL wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:39 pm Cripes CK. I'm very glad you are okay. You don't want to be sharing an acceptable claret with "you know who" quite yet!
1st question I asked during the discharge conflab was: How many glasses of acceptable claret am I allowed per day over the next month or so.
Also.....no booty calls for a week or two which is really going to cramp my usual "every day twice a day routine"
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

I hear red is good for this sort of thing. However, I wouldn't overdo what they tell you is "acceptable". Look at Pomp - he enjoyed far too many from what he used to post :)
The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:41 pm
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

blue architect wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:06 pm Jeez. You take care of yourself Kid. Ramipril is the best drug in the world for re-building a heart - hopefully, they have put you on it. Please do not do too much too soon. You may feel great but it will take many months to get back to full fitness (if you ever do - for me I haven't, but I do have 55% capacity so can live normally)
I genuinely know how you feel. I had a "major" while driving through Bedhampton nearly 4 years ago - totally blacked out at the wheel, resussed at the scene (totalled 2 cars), had to be resuscitated again in the ambulance which arrived about 10 minutes afterwards and yet again that afternoon in the coronary care ICU at QA. Three emergency ops later I have 2 stents, a pacemaker and an internal defibrillator (ICD)
I have nothing but admiration for the staff at QA, the ambulance service and modern medicine.
I echo your shout out to everyone to take care. I too was 56 when it happened. Looking back I see the signs were there but at the time I had no inkling that I was a candidate for a close shave with the reaper.
Take care of yourself. Life is precious.
thanks BA....sounds like you were actually dead for a short while! You are absolutely right about ignoring the warning signs. Mine were minor in hindsight. A tad short of breath lugging groceries upstairs, going to bed a tad earlier than normal and my regular doc even told me to get a particular scan which I had every intention of doing but put off. So, you're quite correct. Don't ignore the warnings as I think men in particular are prone to do.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Best wishes Kid, and get well soon.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Oh lookie....now I have an excuse to post Late Nite Favorite Mette Lindburg (Danish Goddess)

Asteroid Galaxy Tour: Heart Attack

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Pompey Penguin wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:57 pm Best wishes Kid, and get well soon.
Thanks PP....and funniest thing...I am well!.... and apparently more well than I was 3 days ago. I feel perfectly normal today other than I have to "take it easy" for a week or 2. Strange innit.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I'm pleased to hear your on the mend. Must have been a reet scare for you and your family.
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

Just get well and look after yourself please Kid and well done Mrs Kid for her prompt action in getting you help as quickly as she did.
:thumb
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

itsaintfunny wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:54 pm Just get well and look after yourself please Kid and well done Mrs Kid for her prompt action in getting you help as quickly as she did.
You know this all started when Saints beat Liverpool :D
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:56 pm
itsaintfunny wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:54 pm Just get well and look after yourself please Kid and well done Mrs Kid for her prompt action in getting you help as quickly as she did.
You know this all started when Saints beat Liverpool :D

I was on the edge of my seat and still cant believe they held on but I would rather you keep safe and well .
Chris_in_LA
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Chris_in_LA »

Glad you’re ok CK, reminds me I should check in with my doctor for my annual cough ‘n drop. Ta very much on that, hopefully I don’t get a kiss from him this year after the ankle grab.
Sucks getting old(er), but in all seriousness, thanks for the heads up and looking forward to another of your late night shows.
:beer
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Thomas Aquinas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Best wishes to one of the funniest and nicest guys on a footie forum. You would have been missed! Stay well. :thumb
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb