Peterborough

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Peterborough

Post by Berkshire Blue »

3 - 0 down at half time. Not looking too bad going forward but defending has been x certificate.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Peterborough

Post by eltorrro »

Humiliating!!! 8)
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

We don't need this one. We are already in the final. :D
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Not good to lose except when you have bigger ambitions
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

i hope Peterborough go on and prioritise this competition over League One
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

5-0 drubbing ........... so far
Living in exile thinking Blue
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

not a great advert for Downing, Bolton, Nicolaison, Close, Morris, and Harrison.

All of which KJ brought to the club (with the exception of close who was a first team regular until recently).
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

On that showing there was not one non first team Pompey player I would keep...certainly not either keeper. Thought Harrison and Hiwula ok but they had no service whatsoever...Rasmus was the mainstay in defence...Close was dire...the kids were just inexperienced kids!!! At least we now know it's promotion or bust. 8)
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Jacket doesn’t have the safety net of a cup run to save him now it’s sh*t or bust for promotion
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 pm Jacket doesn’t have the safety net of a cup run to save him now it’s sh*t or bust for promotion

His contract is out at the end of the season anyway so anything less than promotion and I can’t see them committing him for another couple of years.

Does anyone have the team sheet?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... 12-jan-21/

team sheet is included in the match report
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

This was disappointing. Not the result, which didn't matter and to be expected with Pompey reserves against a strong Peterborough side, although 5-1 was worse than predicted. All season I have been saying that a strength of the Pompey squad was its strength in depth with good cover at all positions. However, last night I was proved wrong (what's new?) as no-one stepped up and demanded to be in the first XI. The front two were OK, and I felt sorry for the youngsters, but the other senior players just didn't do enough. I suppose the only upside is that now we know where we stand team-wise, and no-one can complain that they should be playing.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

I've been a fairly decent supporter of progress in this competition, but as the country stands right now I couldn't be bothered less about the result last night. Its hard to see how this year's final will be at a full Wembley (or even a full alternative venue), and therefore you'd have to question the attraction of advancing any further.

Looking at the line-up last night, I'd say that's what KJ was thinking too. We may not have asked for the door to be slammed in our faces quite in that manner, but that's what's we got. A strong Peterborough against a team thrown together from the fringes and the Academy with no match fitness in weeks was only going to end one way.

As has been said, it looks like Promotion or Bust - and there are a lot of league games to cram in.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

The only thing that surprised me last night was that before the kick off the bookies made us favourites. Absolute steal. As has been said by all, we can now concentrate on the league. We have 27 games to get ourselves into the Championship where I think we belong and I'd love us to be. With the wage cap looming, it's more important than ever that we get out of this league this season, but it will not be easy. There are a good 10 teams all in with a shout. We now have no distractions, and no excuses, and games that are going to come thick and fast. BUT, if KJ doesn't get us up he has to go (should have gone last summer anyway IMO!). For their own sakes, the likes of Close really need to find another club, probably in L2, or even below so they can play football again. I feel a little sorry for him. His confidence must be shot. What last night did show, though, was that our strength in depth is poor to say the least. Hopefully, that display will have highlighted that we need another centre back and defensive midfielder as a minimum. I believe the business we do in this January transfer window is crucial to our chances. Hopefully, it's a vast improvement on the last few.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Good Post Selsey no good kidding ourselves that we have good depth in the squad as evidently we do not. I don't blame the youngsters for this humiliating defeat more the experienced players such as Bolton, Downing, Close and Morris who should have shored up the side. Harrison and Hiwula did not get the service they needed so it would be unfair to lay any blame on them.
-- Diane Johnson