Our away game at Fratton Park

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Quantum of Stowmarket
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 2 times

Our away game at Fratton Park

Post by Quantum of Stowmarket »

We're playing you tomorrow doesn't seem to be a game thread about it. Couldn't have been called off surely not so no reason why it shouldn't go ahead. Anyway as you know we got rid of Lambert a few weeks ago and now Paul Cook is in although 1 win from 4 games isn't the start he and or the club were hoping for. I didn't want him here but you have to make the best of it and get behind the manager whether you're for or against it.

I see you're on a poor run of form with a number of losses from recent games. No disrespect but this is just the chance we need as we're trying to make the promotion places and every three points now is critical. If Cook loses another it will be interesting but you can't turn on a new manager five games in no matter who they are it just isn't on.

You always seem to beat us but we have to overlook that and go out to win. 3 points are massively crucial for both teams in terms of league places but we need to get back to Championship level, after that any takeover can go ahead and we can sell to new investors when the club is a more attractive deal to potential buyers, get rid of Marcus Evans once and for all. That's not going to happen if the club remains at League One level. Thanks.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Our away game at Fratton Park

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I'm sure you know, but a reminder that it is a 1pm KO.

Welcome back QoS. Unusually, our home form has been awful this season, and all our best results have come away from Fratton Park. On top of that our recent form is disastrous. We might get a boost from the change of manager, but I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't end up a boring draw that will satisfy no-one.

A day for watching the rugby.
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Re: Our away game at Fratton Park

Post by Keeprblue »

Quantum of Stowmarket wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:57 pm We're playing you tomorrow doesn't seem to be a game thread about it. Couldn't have been called off surely not so no reason why it shouldn't go ahead. Anyway as you know we got rid of Lambert a few weeks ago and now Paul Cook is in although 1 win from 4 games isn't the start he and or the club were hoping for. I didn't want him here but you have to make the best of it and get behind the manager whether you're for or against it.

I see you're on a poor run of form with a number of losses from recent games. No disrespect but this is just the chance we need as we're trying to make the promotion places and every three points now is critical. If Cook loses another it will be interesting but you can't turn on a new manager five games in no matter who they are it just isn't on.

You always seem to beat us but we have to overlook that and go out to win. 3 points are massively crucial for both teams in terms of league places but we need to get back to Championship level, after that any takeover can go ahead and we can sell to new investors when the club is a more attractive deal to potential buyers, get rid of Marcus Evans once and for all. That's not going to happen if the club remains at League One level. Thanks.

If Gallen has much say, then you can take the points home with you.
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.