Ipswich today

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Ipswich today

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

Offer a long-terntract from the off, and you risk having managers phoning it in for the rest of the season just so they can start afresh in August, protected from com a sacking by that 2/3/4 year contract.

Weybridge,

You need to do some research on the Cowleys. I've bet they've watched dozens of hours of our games and our next couple of opponents already and have already spoken to half the squad one to two. These boys are absolutely on it and fanatically driven for success.

Please don't insult them, or undermine support for them, with poor, unresearched comments like this.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Ipswich today

Post by Weybridge »

ExHGS1973 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:44 pm Offer a long-terntract from the off, and you risk having managers phoning it in for the rest of the season just so they can start afresh in August, protected from com a sacking by that 2/3/4 year contract.

Weybridge,

You need to do some research on the Cowleys. I've bet they've watched dozens of hours of our games and our next couple of opponents already and have already spoken to half the squad one to two. These boys are absolutely on it and fanatically driven for success.

Please don't insult them, or undermine support for them, with poor, unresearched comments like this.
I wasn't talking about them specifically - I was talking about all potential managerial options. The club approached a number of people with the intent of a short-term deal only, and allegedly turned away those who were looking for something longer. I don't doubt the Cowley's intent at all, and its pretty transparent their approach is why they were offered the job : impact and short-term results, and not concerning themselves with the bigger picture (until they need to).
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."