Red card

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Red card

Post by eltorrro »

Marquis appeal dismissed so he misses next 3 games. Mind you, the obvious typo in this report really says it all... 8)

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021 ... -rejected/
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times

Re: Red card

Post by RubiconCSL »

I take it by typo, you mean Marquis’ instead of Marquis’s.
eltorrro wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:06 pm Marquis appeal dismissed so he misses next 3 games. Mind you, the obvious typo in this report really says it all... 8)

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021 ... -rejected/
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

No, Rub's, I mean "The decision by The FA’s Regulatory Commission means that the defender will now miss Pompey’s next three games against Rochdale, Wigan and Burton".

As a defender I would applaud his goal scoring prowess...as a striker - he's crap!! 8)
CoshamWreck
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 2 times

Post by CoshamWreck »

eltorrro wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:51 pm As a defender I would applaud his goal scoring prowess...as a striker - he's crap!! 8)
Do you think that makes the ban, a blessing in disguise?
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

CoshamWreck wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:22 am
eltorrro wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:51 pm As a defender I would applaud his goal scoring prowess...as a striker - he's crap!! 8)
Do you think that makes the ban, a blessing in disguise?
I actually consider it a blessing anyway...think we have better choices than him ie. Williams, Curtis, Harness, Alfie Stanley...what about putting Mnoga up front? big, strong, fast, attacking and good ball control. Anybody is better than Marquis. 8)
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

eltorrro wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:56 pm I actually consider it a blessing anyway...
Why do you consider it a blessing we don't have our leading scorer (and 7th best scorer in League 1) playing?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:14 pm
eltorrro wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:56 pm I actually consider it a blessing anyway...
Why do you consider it a blessing we don't have our leading scorer (and 7th best scorer in League 1) playing?
Most of the goals Marquis scores my Granny could score!! I don't know the number but how many of his goals are penalties or tap ins? The telling stat would be how many he has missed that he should have scored? (like against Shrewsbury when a superb cross was put in for Marquis to run onto and score...but he missed it because he was running away from the ball looking at a Shrews defender!!)

Shocking player...can't head, can't control, can't shoot, can't anticipate and certainly can't tackle!! Rant over, looking forward to tomorrows game. 8)
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

eltorrro wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:32 pm
Most of the goals Marquis scores my Granny could score!! I don't know the number but how many of his goals are penalties or tap ins? The telling stat would be how many he has missed that he should have scored? (like against Shrewsbury when a superb cross was put in for Marquis to run onto and score...but he missed it because he was running away from the ball looking at a Shrews defender!!)

Shocking player...can't head, can't control, can't shoot, can't anticipate and certainly can't tackle!! Rant over, looking forward to tomorrows game. 8)
Can't say I can agree with much of that but happy to be proven wrong if someone else takes his mantle as our top scorer this year in the remaining games. Either way bring on Rochdale!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:45 pm
eltorrro wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:32 pm

Can't say I can agree with much of that but happy to be proven wrong if someone else takes his mantle as our top scorer this year in the remaining games. Either way bring on Rochdale!
Yeah, I don't agree either. You don't score 60+ goals in 3 seasons by being a poor player.

It reminds me of the apocryphal story of the maintenance engineer called to repair a machine that was faulty. The engineer tapped the machine with a hammer and it burst back into life. He then presented his invoice for £200, and the factory owner screamed that how could he charge that much, when anyone could have hit it with the hammer. The engineer broke the bill down into £5 for hitting the machine with the hammer, and £195 for knowing that hitting it with a hammer was all that was necessary.

Yes, El Torro, your granny could score from there, but first she'd have to actually be skilful enough to anticipate that being there was the right thing to do.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Despite the differring views we all have, I know that opposition team's are relieved when they know he's not playing so that tell's you something. I would rather have him in the side, okay so he his not a silky smooth easy on the eye player, maybe a bit rough around the edges but as long as he gets the job done and worries defences.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson