Nicolaisen fined for breaching betting rules.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 147 times

Nicolaisen fined for breaching betting rules.

Post by Sam_Brown »

From The Snooze:
The Pompey centre-back was slapped with the penalty for placing a total of 53 football-related bets between November 7 to November 12, 2020.

Nicolaisen, who is on a season-long loan at Fratton Park from Danish side FC Midtjylland, was charged with misconduct under FA rule E8 in respect of bets placed on football matches.
Guy can’t seem to catch a break. Looks like it was some confusion as betting rules are different in the UK but you’d have thought he’d have checked first.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Nicolaisen fined for breaching betting rules.

Post by Weybridge »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:50 pm From The Snooze:
The Pompey centre-back was slapped with the penalty for placing a total of 53 football-related bets between November 7 to November 12, 2020.

Nicolaisen, who is on a season-long loan at Fratton Park from Danish side FC Midtjylland, was charged with misconduct under FA rule E8 in respect of bets placed on football matches.
Guy can’t seem to catch a break. Looks like it was some confusion as betting rules are different in the UK but you’d have thought he’d have checked first.
He's dropped £40k in 53 bets, so my sympathy only goes so far! But I'm actually quite impressed he's only £4k down! (Plus another £2.5 now...)
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Nicolaisen fined for breaching betting rules.

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Weybridge wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:58 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:50 pm From The Snooze:

He's dropped £40k in 53 bets, so my sympathy only goes so far! But I'm actually quite impressed he's only £4k down! (Plus another £2.5 now...)
These players have got more money than sense. When you think about the people living in poverty in our country, and he's wasting £40k on stupid bets, it makes me mad.