sean Raggett

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Keeprblue
Paul Merson

sean Raggett

Post by Keeprblue »

Is he a Marmite player?
I think he's very much improved for us, he's a battler and tries hard IMO.
Hope his injury isn't too bad, although it must be bl**dy painful.
I had a crack on the cheek playing in the 70's and the pain was excruciating.
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Re: sean Raggett

Post by streetrifle »

It looks like he may miss a few games or at worst the rest of the season, if an operation is necessary as seems possible as it seems like a very nasty injury.
The obvious replacement is Nicolaisen but I must admit I am yet to be convinced that he would be the answer to fill in. He doesn't appear to be physically strong enough although is pretty decent in the air. Other than that there is Bolton who has played there on the odd occasion for us but its not his true position. Personally I can't understand why Downing doesn't come into the reckoning with all his experience Perhaps Cowley won't take the same view as Jackett about him.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

streetrifle wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:58 pm It looks like he may miss a few games or at worst the rest of the season, if an operation is necessary as seems possible as it seems like a very nasty injury.
The obvious replacement is Nicolaisen but I must admit I am yet to be convinced that he would be the answer to fill in. He doesn't appear to be physically strong enough although is pretty decent in the air. Other than that there is Bolton who has played there on the odd occasion for us but its not his true position. Personally I can't understand why Downing doesn't come into the reckoning with all his experience Perhaps Cowley won't take the same view as Jackett about him.
Lewandowski played with a fracture cheek and worse a mask?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... sk-5637417
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by New Forester »

Lockdown? Fans working at home?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I have certainly noticed that there are a lot more posts at the Talk Radio level of contribution.

Edit: to add that one of the things that I have greatly missed this season is the BFTG posts from people who have been at games, especially the away games that I haven't been to myself. They always added a lot and started some interesting and informed discussions.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

CityBlue wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:34 pm
Keeprblue wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:17 pm
I think he's very much improved for us, he's a battler and tries hard IMO.
Very much improved? He's singlehandedly been at fault for at least a dozen goals this season! I dread to think what he was like before hand. Yes he's a battler, but he's a liability at the back and hurts our possession based play. Really hope we find a decent CB to go alongside Jack next season, championship or otherwise.
List the 12
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

eltorrro wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:23 pm
CityBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:53 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:14 am What’s with all these single digit users coming out recently ******** on everything at the club all of a sudden? Just me that’s noticed this over the last few months?
I didn't realise that you had a monopoly over what is, and isn't, allowed to be voiced by fans on an online forum.
CityBlue...that was a bit out of order..we all have a point of view and sometimes other's pov don't accord with our own but there is no need to be rude about somebody's personal view. For instance, you made a statement about Raggett being 'singlehandedly at fault for at least a dozen goals this season'...really?? I have watched every game so far this season and would not concur with your views at all...but if that's what you think, so be it.
Like him or not, and he may not be Bobby Moore or Declan Rice quality, but he gives his all for the cause and that means a great deal to Pompey supporters and I for one applaud him. 8)
Woah, calm down, calm down.

I don't think CityBlue was out of order, in as much as I can see how what Sam said could be construed as abusive - I personally don't think it was meant in that way, merely as a comment.

CityBlue, you and all the other newer users are welcome here, and can comment as you see fit.

With regard to Raggett, he certainly has been at fault for some of the conceded goals, and as a defender, he is bound to be on occasions. I still prefer him to Nicolaisen. I would prefer to see James Bolton at centre back in Raggett's absence, though I did read a piece from DC the other day saying that Downing's slate was clean. Maybe he's the guy to get the best out of Downing.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

It really doesn't make any sense not to bring Downing into the reckoning at centre back. Clearly Jackett didn't rate him at all, but then why did they recruit him on a 3-year deal. Otherwise our Recruitment guy has a lot to answer for. Downing appears to have a good record in defence for Walsall, MK Dons and then promotion with Blackburn. Surely Crowley will give him a chance.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

The usual wind-up merchants still at large I see.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:50 pm
eltorrro wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:23 pm
CityBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:53 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:14 am What’s with all these single digit users coming out recently ******** on everything at the club all of a sudden? Just me that’s noticed this over the last few months?
I didn't realise that you had a monopoly over what is, and isn't, allowed to be voiced by fans on an online forum.
CityBlue...that was a bit out of order..we all have a point of view and sometimes other's pov don't accord with our own but there is no need to be rude about somebody's personal view. For instance, you made a statement about Raggett being 'singlehandedly at fault for at least a dozen goals this season'...really?? I have watched every game so far this season and would not concur with your views at all...but if that's what you think, so be it.
Like him or not, and he may not be Bobby Moore or Declan Rice quality, but he gives his all for the cause and that means a great deal to Pompey supporters and I for one applaud him. 8)
Woah, calm down, calm down.

I don't think CityBlue was out of order, in as much as I can see how what Sam said could be construed as abusive - I personally don't think it was meant in that way, merely as a comment.

CityBlue, you and all the other newer users are welcome here, and can comment as you see fit.

With regard to Raggett, he certainly has been at fault for some of the conceded goals, and as a defender, he is bound to be on occasions. I still prefer him to Nicolaisen. I would prefer to see James Bolton at centre back in Raggett's absence, though I did read a piece from DC the other day saying that Downing's slate was clean. Maybe he's the guy to get the best out of Downing.
Quite. It was more an observation than anything. Just seen it in a few Pompey boards recently there seem to be an influx of overly negative posts by new users that are on the verge of trolling. Maybe I’m being paranoid. Wait. That’s what they’d expect me to say...
Coeli lux nostra ductrix