Burton

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Burton

Post by Berkshire Blue »

One change from Tuesday - Cannon replaces the injured Jacobs. Alfie Stanley is on the bench. I hope that it may be possible to get him on late in the game for his league debut, and see how he does.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Burton

Post by Dinksy »

At one stage last week they were talking about Raggett being out for the rest of the season and here he is in the very next game. What a tough lad he is. I guess he's wearing some sort of face mask.
Meanwhile, Jacobs is injured yet again.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Dinksy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:23 pm At one stage last week they were talking about Raggett being out for the rest of the season and here he is in the very next game. What a tough lad he is. I guess he's wearing some sort of face mask.
Meanwhile, Jacobs is injured yet again.
Yeah I did roll my eyes when people were all doom and gloom (more so on other forums) and saying Raggett would be out for the rest of the season without actually knowing any specifics.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Going to be a good test for the team to pull back the game I’m not watching it but seems they scored against the run of the play PUP
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

I’m going to stop checking the score. Not good for my blood pressure.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Post by meakinsl »

2-0 not looking good, shame as Sunderland losing although other two are winning, play-offs it is, needed to keep the run going for any hope of auto
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Daniels made it 1 - 2 with a header and they were defending desperately, but managed to hold on.

Burton played very well, and although we had most of the possession we were unable to make it count. Our passing was not up to the mark today, but to give Burton credit, they stopped us playing and we weren't smart enough to find a way through them, and when we did our finishing was poor.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Bit like Man City today.😀😀
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

Bring back Jacket :rofl
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Yes, bubble burst, honeymoon over...no more talk of making the automatics. Play-offs it is.
Rocketman
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Rocketman »

May be a good wake-up call as expectations got ahead of themselves. We had reasonable stats today but once again no end product. Likewise we can't assume all will be well when Marquis is back. We're still in OK shape for the play-offs, but would have been good to see Stanley get 15-20 mins to see what he's made of. Glass still half full at the moment.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Rocketman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:02 pm May be a good wake-up call as expectations got ahead of themselves. We had reasonable stats today but once again no end product. Likewise we can't assume all will be well when Marquis is back. We're still in OK shape for the play-offs, but would have been good to see Stanley get 15-20 mins to see what he's made of. Glass still half full at the moment.
I wondered if Stanley would get a run-out, but I think it was probably the wrong game to blood him, even for a short time. Burton sat deep, pressed aggressively, were physically well built and no disrespect to the lad but Alfie Stanley looks about 9 stone soaking wet! No point knocking the lad's confidence. I'm sure he'll get some proper game time before the season is out.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

It was a tall ask to win 5 in the spin, even taller when you consider 3 of them we without a recognised striker.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

Burton were just too big and strong for us and we found it so difficult to deal with those long throws into the box. Tactically they were too astute for us . The fact is you can't go into a match without a 'strike force' and for me Williams and Harness are too lightweight and are essentially wingers. The same can be said for Curtis who is happier wide on the left cutting in. So the problem is we don't have a proper centre forward with some physicality and I am not convinced at all that Marquis is the answer.