Amarillo

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 114 times

Amarillo

Post by Blue Walter »

Music has the ability to take you back to a time in your life that sometimes you had forgotten. The older you get the more this happens and the more it often opens memories of which some are bitter sweet, it certainly does for me. Music can bring back a feeling you felt at a particular time before you realise it is the record you are listening to that is responsible. This happened to me today whilst I was driving. I was driving along and all of a sudden I felt a happy glow and then I realised that Amarillo was playing on the radio. It took me back to a sunny day a few years back when we were playing Southampton and Pompey fans had hijacked this song and put their own words to it. What a day that was because we hammered them 4-1 and the crowd that day were ecstatic, including me. Everything about the day was absolutely brilliant and it's all brought back by Tony Christie and Amarillo.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Re: Amarillo

Post by uspompeyfan »

On one of our moves, we drove through Amarillo......my poor kids had it playing repeatedly. Years later, they hate the song. I wonder why.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.