EFL Trophy

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: EFL Trophy

Post by eltorrro »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:33 am Some of our 1st team squad need a kick up the **** in my opinion, and hopefully this will be it. I'm going to Wycombe on Saturday and I'd rather see our fringe players given a chance and having a go, than some of what I have witnessed of late
Totally agree SB. I watched live on iFollow, admittedly not expecting much, and I was very pleasantly surprised. The least that could be said was the team tried, they had enthusiasm, signs of skill and cohesion...all the attributes that had been missing in most previous games.
I would love for DC to go with almost the same starting 11 and keep the likes of Curtis, Marquis, Harness on the bench until later. If we lose, we lose but think most of us would be willing to sacrifice the game to witness a team of 'tryers'!! 8)
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by GreenBlue »

eltorrro wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:19 pm I watched live on iFollow, admittedly not expecting much, and I was very pleasantly surprised. The least that could be said was the team tried, they had enthusiasm, signs of skill and cohesion...all the attributes that had been missing in most previous games.
I would love for DC to go with almost the same starting 11 and keep the likes of Curtis, Marquis, Harness on the bench until later. If we lose, we lose but think most of us would be willing to sacrifice the game to witness a team of 'tryers'!!
I kind of agree but am not convinced that the other players just aren't trying. Surely they must all try however ineffectual it may seem at times. Or am I wrong?
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:33 am
Mr Dee wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:29 am I didn't go but my mate said it was the best performance he's seen all season
Same. A couple of my mates who live locally went and said it was a very enjoyable performance. Whilst it would be easy to say "well, what do you expect, it was against a bunch of kids" I would suggest that they were almost certainly a better side than the one we played in the FA Cup on Saturday. Some of our 1st team squad need a kick up the **** in my opinion, and hopefully this will be it. I'm going to Wycombe on Saturday and I'd rather see our fringe players given a chance and having a go, than some of what I have witnessed of late
I'm going too
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Mr Dee wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:20 pm
Mr Dee wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:29 am I didn't go but my mate said it was the best performance he's seen all season
Same. A couple of my mates who live locally went and said it was a very enjoyable performance. Whilst it would be easy to say "well, what do you expect, it was against a bunch of kids" I would suggest that they were almost certainly a better side than the one we played in the FA Cup on Saturday. Some of our 1st team squad need a kick up the **** in my opinion, and hopefully this will be it. I'm going to Wycombe on Saturday and I'd rather see our fringe players given a chance and having a go, than some of what I have witnessed of late
I'm going too
Booster jab before or after the match?
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Exeter in the next round
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:42 am
Mr Dee wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:20 pm
I'm going too
Booster jab before or after the match?
After our goal I Ieft in search of one.