Baz or Bass?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Baz or Bass?

Post by jam tomorrow »

What’s everyone’s feeling on this DC has a hard decision to make who plays on Saturday there are pros and cons for both of them. I have mixed opinions but IMO I would prefer Bass to play because he is a permanent home grown player, he suits are style of play and he has shown his class.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Baz or Bass?

Post by Betelgeuse »

Bass no question. He's our player, Baz will never be our player.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

They've got very different styles.

I've seen Wimbledon play twice this season. Both times they were terriers, quickly chasing down every ball putting teams under pressure. Maybe there's a case for Bass and his quick, long ball distribution to bypass the high press. But then Bazunu is in great form, and kept another clean sheet for ROI. I don't think there's a wrong choice to be made. Its one area where we have decent options.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Bass....penalty save, a couple of excellent saves either side of half-time and a couple of outstanding ones at the end. In a word, faultless. Otherwise, just what has the poor guy got to do to be number one?
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Bass. You don't change a winning team.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Same team as Saturday please
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

I suspect that Bazunu was brought in by Cowley due to his upbringing and expertise acquired at Man City in the art of 'playing out from the back', something at which Bass is probably not as proficient. However its been noticeable in recent games when Bazunu was playing that Pompey are not nevertheless using that style so much. I do expect Bazunu to return, probably because it would not go too well with Man City if he is seen to have been dropped.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

streetrifle wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:43 pm I suspect that Bazunu was brought in by Cowley due to his upbringing and expertise acquired at Man City in the art of 'playing out from the back', something at which Bass is probably not as proficient. However its been noticeable in recent games when Bazunu was playing that Pompey are not nevertheless using that style so much. I do expect Bazunu to return, probably because it would not go too well with Man City if he is seen to have been dropped.
Why should we give a toss about that?
Kingo
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Kingo »

What sort of message does it send to the squad if one of our own comes in, plays a blinder, and then gets dropped. Especially for a loan player .
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Can anyone tell me when Portsmouth team selection was dictated by another club Bass I think took his opportunity and has proven his ability it’s now up to Bazunu to dislodge him on merit not because of a loan agreement
If city don’t like it send him back in January and find another possible back up keeper
Pompey Mike in Suffolk
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompey Mike in Suffolk »

I would like to see Bass as he has earned it but it amazes me how quickly people change. Not long ago Bazanu was the best thing since sliced bread and whilst he has made some mistakes has still kept well for us and didn't lose his place through bad keeping but due to him being good enough to warrant a call up by Ireland
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

Bass for me. Don't change a winning side.
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Bass for me too. Baz will go on to bigger not better things than Pompey but Bass is our player and will hopefully go on to bigger and better things with us. Show faith in him now and he may show faith in us in the future.
Daniel
Martin Kuhl

Post by Daniel »

Baz for me. Also we should be tapping city up for one of their young strikers smooth the deal over! Liam delap!!
WJDPFC
Robbie Pethick

Post by WJDPFC »

Has to be Bass. If not, what message does that send to him and others? Bazunu will leave at the end of the season, Bass might want to be off too if he gets dropped after that last performance.