Hackett

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Hackett

Post by Pompey55 »

Hackett has signed a new 2 year contract not really bothered if he did or not as I’ve not been impressed by him and reckon he’s just going to warm the bench for much of the season
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Hackett

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I like Reeco as a player. He has pace and skill, and I hope that next season turns out well for him. I suppose to a large extent how much he plays will depend on who we sign this summer.
Maddog56
Martin Kuhl

Post by Maddog56 »

I think he was improved as a player when given a run of games. He is a prime example of developing a raw talent. Never let us down, and does have quite the shot on him.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by PeteM »

I can't believe he's on massive money, so there's more potential upside than downside to keeping him (IMO anyway) - he's got talent and even if we do bring in some other players in that area, will be a good impact sub at least. Had some good games last season before he got injured, hopefully we can get that out of him more consistently this season.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Seems although he has been played as a wing back he is better upfront as has been said he has some potential he’s also relatively young and has the sort of talent that can be developed.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Surely in football terms being 24 is not a young player who is still learning his trade not after playing more than 130 games as well.
His return of 19 goals in his career is far from impressive thus my view he will be no more than a squad player.
Good luck to him I hope he proves me wrong
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I think he has got talent with plenty of skill but I think what lets him down is that he doesn't seem to have strength on the ball. He is too easily knocked off the ball but if he can overcome that he will be an even better player. He is not a wing back though in my opinion and playing him there is being unfair to him but he is good going forward.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

I was pleased to see this. He is the kind of player who can still develop further and could become a really decent player for us plus he can play in several different positions.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Good utility player to have on the books, can't imagine he breaks the bank, surely is on less than the option we had on him too.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I think there's a player in there. Think this is good business. Now to get Jacobs and O'Brien over the line.
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:07 pm I think there's a player in there. Think this is good business. Now to get Jacobs and O'Brien over the line.
Rumour has it, both Jacobs and O’Brien have turned down Pompey’s offer a contract.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Claygate wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:34 pm
Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:07 pm I think there's a player in there. Think this is good business. Now to get Jacobs and O'Brien over the line.
Rumour has it, both Jacobs and O’Brien have turned down Pompey’s offer a contract.
Shame if true. Where are you seeing the rumour?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Claygate wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:34 pm
Will not surprise me with Jacobs as it was apparently a pay as you play deal which I doubt many players would accept if there are other clubs interested which is pretty certain in his case