How many transfer deals tomorrow

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Re: How many transfer deals tomorrow

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:07 pm
Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:51 pm
Claygate wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 am
Pompey55 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:04 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:39 am One of the players I hope we don’t sign that we have been linked with is Danny Hylton he has a poor track record and not the young player who we can develop.
I really can’t see that he could possibly be under consideration as you say his record outside of league 2 is very poor showing that is probably his real level
I sincerely hope we are not looking at Hylton. If we want an experienced striker, please can we offer Aiden O’Brien a new contract? I thought he was more than useful last season and performed well in partnership with Hirst. IMHO those two were our most potent attacking strikers when alongside one another.
We HAVE offered AOB a deal, he just hasn't accepted it yet. If you look at his Insta account you will see a picture of him chilling out in a pool on holiday. He's probably sunbathing, relaxing, drinking beer, weighing up his options.
Latest is that AOB isn’t happy with the deal offered and there seems to be an impasse with neither party moving, whether this is a negotiating ploy or not he says he has other offers which isn’t a surprise really.
I read somewhere that he was on £6500 a week at Sunderland. I can't see us offering him that much. He's a good squad player but doesn't have the pace to be our main striker.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Would be nice to actually have a striker of any sorts at the moment
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Just to throw a name into the hat, how about Nile Ranger? He's certainly got a checkered past as far as his personal life goes, so would be a gamble and probably need some managing. But he is available free and has played at premiership and championship level - although not exactly prolific in those divisions!

He turned down offers at Oxford and Rochdale over the last couple of years. He says he has had two years to reflect on his past and clearly feels he only has one last chance to prove himself. Maybe he's blown too many chances in the past to be considered? But could he be worth a punt?
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 100 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

RubiconCSL wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:39 pm Just to throw a name into the hat, how about Nile Ranger? He's certainly got a checkered past as far as his personal life goes, so would be a gamble and probably need some managing. But he is available free and has played at premiership and championship level - although not exactly prolific in those divisions!

He turned down offers at Oxford and Rochdale over the last couple of years. He says he has had two years to reflect on his past and clearly feels he only has one last chance to prove himself. Maybe he's blown too many chances in the past to be considered? But could he be worth a punt?
I read that as Nile Rodgers and wondered what sort of parallel universe is wandered into 😂
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

RubiconCSL wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:39 pm Just to throw a name into the hat, how about Nile Ranger? He's certainly got a checkered past as far as his personal life goes, so would be a gamble and probably need some managing. But he is available free and has played at premiership and championship level - although not exactly prolific in those divisions!

Comes with an awful lot of baggage, and as far as I can see hasn't scored for either Southend and Boreham Wood over the last couple of seasons in his spells there. I do actually think that the premise is sound though, find a talented player who's got a point to prove and hasn't fulfilled their potential. But would give Mr Ranger a pretty wide berth I think.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

I rather we signed his mate Tonto
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I notice in The News there is an article where Danny Cowley is enthusing over his 'assets' plan. I had hoped that this idea had been curtailed somewhat, which I think it has to a certain degree. He used Bazuna as an example of what can be achieved by bringing in 'young nuggets'. He is quoted as saying "just think if we had signed him this time last year, we would be looking at a £15 million player now". Now I am not excited about the prospect of making our billionaire owners more money. I would be more excited about the club finding players that would be part of our future success. Before someone gives me a lecture on how things work I do know that if we did, in fact, have a player worth £15 million at League One level we would have a job to keep him so he would be most likely sold anyway. What I would like though is the manager trying to get players that would be worth a lot of money, because that would mean they would be good, and trying to keep them for the benefit of our own club. Being able to boast about finding 'gems' and selling them for big profits on his CV is a great for Danny Cowley, which would help to impress would be employers looking to make a bob or two, but I am more concerned about what would make my team better and successful.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Being linked the Cauley Woodrow now... So another league player... With some pedigree (minus last season).
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:36 pm Being linked the Cauley Woodrow now... So another league player... With some pedigree (minus last season).
At 27 years of age and with strike rate of 1 in 3, he would be very good signing at this level. Although I see we face competition from Ipswich and Wednesday. So highly unlikely to match their wage offers.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Claygate wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:24 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:36 pm Being linked the Cauley Woodrow now... So another league player... With some pedigree (minus last season).
At 27 years of age and with strike rate of 1 in 3, he would be very good signing at this level. Although I see we face competition from Ipswich and Wednesday. So highly unlikely to match their wage offers.
Wednesday have all sorts of financial things hanging over them don't they.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Would be very happy with this if we could get it over the line.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

I would settle with anyone getting over the line
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

He is a lone striker??
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Brings his own silver
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Just to throw a name into the hat, how about Nile Ranger? ?
[/quote]
He is a lone striker??
[/quote]

No kemosabe
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man