Criterium de Dauphine

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Criterium de Dauphine

Post by New Forester »

I have been watching this on Eurosport this week. I was looking forward to seeing the action this weekend over the last two stages. No sign of it on Eurosport or any other Sky channel. Any cycling fans here who can help?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Re: Criterium de Dauphine

Post by Sam_Brown »

Looks like it might be on something called Discovery+ assuming the below is what your after. Unfortunately looks like you need to pay 6.99 for a monthly pass to watch it but looks like you can cancel at any time.

Looks like I’m saying looks like too much as well. 🙃

https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/video/ ... ne-stage-7
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

As a Sky, BT Sport and Amazon Prime subscriber there’s no way I’m adding more! Looks like Eurosport hook you for the early part of the event then force you to subscribe to see the concluding action. No way am I going to bother. It feels like blackmail.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Fair play. I think that’s exactly what it is. It is crappy and I still laugh when I think back that spreading everything out was meant to be better for the consumer as it gave them choice rather than the reality that you now have to pay more to watch the same content across multiple platforms.

Me and the wife were going through the finances as she’s not been working since the op a few months back and we wanted to tighten things up. What shocked me was how much we were spending on streaming services.

On their own a tenner here or there doesn’t seem much but when you have a handful it starts to feel a bit like a death from a thousand cuts.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

I save a bit by having the BT Sports app which I watch on Apple Devices. I can watch it on TV using an Amazon Firestick but the colour is unrealistic.

I am at least following it by live text feed here: https://www.cyclingnews.com/races/crite ... ve-report/
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by PeteM »

Looks like there's highlights on this evening at 8pm (know it's not the same but still thought I'd mention it).

Enjoy watching the Tour de France each year and managed to catch some of the Giro this year too!
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

It is shown on Eurosport which is part of Warner/Discovery. Warner have recently agreed to have a 50 percent each joint venture with BT to merge Bt Sport and Eurosport, with the likely final outcome that BT will sell BT Sport to Warner.