So, where are these new recruits?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: So, where are these new recruits?

Post by PeteM »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:43 pm As usual he spouts ****** to convince us he actually knows what he’s doing quite frankly he hasn’t a clue
Yes another rant but he’s incompetent and it’s about time we accepted that
That may or may not be the case, but personally I'll judge him on the squad and first team line up we have once the window closes, rather than in the first week after it opens. To be fair I know you want the best for the club (as do I) and that's what prompted the rant.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:43 pm it’s about time we accepted that
Stop trying to speak for everyone else.

I think the owners know what they're doing. So if there's no progress by Christmas I'd hope for change.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:43 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:29 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:18 pm Whoopy Cowley is reassuring us he has plenty of loan details in progress great but no mention of actual contracted players coming in apart from the same old comment of young players “under the 1st team level” who can be developed.
Still it’s early in the window isn’t it
I mean the article in the news does mention more than just loans and raises some valid points, but why let that get in the way of a good rant.
I’ve just reread the article and there nothing whatsoever to lead me to believe that this season is going to any different to last year my interpretation of his comments is like last year we will see many trialists listed in our preseason friendlies. As he says we need to see how we can integrate players into our team.
As usual he spouts ****** to convince us he actually knows what he’s doing quite frankly he hasn’t a clue
Yes another rant but he’s incompetent and it’s about time we accepted that
Despite that I will still be back next season with my family having already renewed our season tickets
so by your logic virtually all the managers in all tiers of football are incompetent???
how many teams have done any business in the transfer window so far? it 6 bl00dy days in and your complaining we havent signed an entire new squad? FFS get a grip man lol
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I don't agree that Danny Cowley is incompetent and doesn't know what he is doing. I think he is ambitious and knowledgeable in football terms and will want success on his CV. For me the question is how he achieves success and what is the contents of his ambition. As football fans we all think we could put out a better team than the manager with whatever team we support. Actually putting out a team on match days is a small part of a managers job. Most football fans are like me and know nothing about training techniques and all the other aspects of managing a football club. I know nothing of the science behind the scenes concerning playing and running a football club. What I do know is what I like to watch, and call me niave if you wish, but I still think football is an entertainment. What I do think is that professionals in the game forget that and see the game in a different way. I think Cowley, and especially Jackett, come into that bracket where they see the game as a complicated science with the end product of not losing. I think modern day coaches are coaching the fun out of the game and use scientific mumbo jumbo to justify their methods.