Ronan Curtis to Hibs for £500k

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 176 times

Re: Ronan Curtis to Hibs for £500k

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:34 pm It partly depends on if Curtis wants to be here or not. I know he's dragged his feet before and made it clear he wants to go.
He didn't bang around on the pitch at Hillsborough.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:05 pm Perhaps we are going to play wingbacks next season? We had a pretty lopsided squad left over from KJ.
That was clear when we spent money on Hume in January but I’m not convinced he’s a good buy from what I saw before he was injured, seemed very lightweight couldn’t defend and little threat
It was noticeable that when he first arrived he did replace Curtis so it appears to be a planned if ill advised negative idea.
Also any suggestions for the right side which is virtually nonexistent
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:06 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:34 pm It partly depends on if Curtis wants to be here or not. I know he's dragged his feet before and made it clear he wants to go.
I don’t get it.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:50 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:06 pm
I don’t get it.
I think he means "hang" around.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I did mean hang.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I think it will be good for both Curtis and the club for him to move on. He's wanted away for sometime and, whilst obviously talented, he has been frustratingly inconsistent, especially of late, hence why he, along with Harness, has been playing in L1 for so long. Personally, not bothered, the same with Harness if he goes too.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I think that both Curtis and Harness are our most effective attacking players. I think Harness is, along with Jacobs, our most gifted player and I think he has suffered from being played as a wing back by Cowley. In my opinion Harness is best used in advanced attacking positions and his effectiveness is reduced by giving him defensive obligations that he is not very good at. I think he could do well in the Championship because I believe he can play at a higher level. When he left Burton a couple of their supporters told me they were surprised he went to Portsmouth as they thought with the season he had just he was destined to go at least the Championship. Curtis is, in my opinion, a good League 1 player but could struggle at a higher level. When you look at fans forums of clubs we are about to play both Curtis & Harness are mentioned regularly as the players to watch and I think we would miss the pair of them.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:46 pm I think it will be good for both Curtis and the club for him to move on. He's wanted away for sometime and, whilst obviously talented, he has been frustratingly inconsistent, especially of late, hence why he, along with Harness, has been playing in L1 for so long. Personally, not bothered, the same with Harness if he goes too.
My concern is that if they are expected to leave by management then are there players of equal or better quality who have been identified to replace them, or will it be a rushed last-minute decision using cheap free transfers,loans or lower league players with potential.
It's beginning to look to me already that we are in for another mid table slog with little prospect of promotion if these rumours of players leaving are true, which based on the snooze record may not be the case
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

I’m sure one of the reasons the Eisner’s liked Cowley is he told them he could build a team on a low budget. Obviously he would say that because he was desperate for a job. So this season the chickens will come home to roost, we will see just how good he really is? I think His last signing was Hulme who hasn’t set the world on fire yet. So let’s see who he brings in and also see how committed the Eisner’s are in getting us out of this basement.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson