Rumour - new GK incoming

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Rumour - new GK incoming

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:21 pm By all accounts his performance at Wycombe last year hardly seemed to be a player lacking confidence
I was at that game and he was outstanding. Saved a (very soft) penalty, but made two or three worldies late on to keep a clean sheet and help us win the game
gosling
Martin Kuhl
Has liked: 4 times

Post by gosling »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:36 pm
Kingo wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:56 pm As it seems we're not considered ready for a promotion push until the infrastructure is sorted, why not play Bass who is more than adequate and may be good enough to generate a transfer fee at the end of it, and get a steady journeyman to sit on the bench? Use the loans to get some attacking players to at least entertain us a bit.
Pardon the off-topic intrusion, but you wouldn't happen to have once been a Ventnor gardener of repute, would you?
As someone born and bred in Ventnor, I know that many residents were of ill repute
A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

gosling wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:07 pm As someone born and bred in Ventnor, I know that many residents were of ill repute
Stayed a night in Ventnor a few times when out on a two day sea fishing trip from Portsmouth. Felt like we were stepping back in time about 50 years! We had a meal at the Bonchurch Inn last time we were there (2018) and there were Morris Dancers there to entertain us. All felt a little 'Wicker Man' :lol:
gosling
Martin Kuhl

Post by gosling »

Selsey Bill wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:27 pm
gosling wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:07 pm As someone born and bred in Ventnor, I know that many residents were of ill repute
Stayed a night in Ventnor a few times when out on a two day sea fishing trip from Portsmouth. Felt like we were stepping back in time about 50 years! We had a meal at the Bonchurch Inn last time we were there (2018) and there were Morris Dancers there to entertain us. All felt a little 'Wicker Man' :lol:
It is a bit like going back in time. As to the Wicker Man, nothing would surprise me in some parts of the Island.
A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Kingo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:11 pm Sherlock, not guilty. Mowing the grass is about my limit.
No worries :thumb