Morecambe

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Morecambe

Post by jam tomorrow »

There are lots of theories circulating on why our form seems to have fallen off a cliff I don’t pretend to know the answers injuries haven’t helped that’s for sure. Specifically Lowery, Flanagan, and Pack we have missed, but Guy Whits I believe has hit the nail on the head he believes Koroman and Dale are not playing well enough. Their performance has dropped off since they first came in, they are not getting the ball into our strikers for them to be get any shooting chances.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:32 pm There are lots of theories circulating on why our form seems to have fallen off a cliff I don’t pretend to know the answers injuries haven’t helped that’s for sure. Specifically Lowery, Flanagan, and Pack we have missed, but Guy Whits I believe has hit the nail on the head he believes Koroman and Dale are not playing well enough. Their performance has dropped off since they first came in, they are not getting the ball into our strikers for them to be get any shooting chances.
Is that Mickey Flanagan??
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:20 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:32 pm There are lots of theories circulating on why our form seems to have fallen off a cliff I don’t pretend to know the answers injuries haven’t helped that’s for sure. Specifically Lowery, Flanagan, and Pack we have missed, but Guy Whits I believe has hit the nail on the head he believes Koroman and Dale are not playing well enough. Their performance has dropped off since they first came in, they are not getting the ball into our strikers for them to be get any shooting chances.
Is that Mickey Flanagan??
Haha I sorry I meant Rafferty doh
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Without Pack and Lowery in the middle we haven't kept or moved the ball aswell I think that goes without saying - I'd also add that we have missed Thompson for the same reasons.

With regards to the wingers I think Whittingham is correct, they aren't backing their own ability taking longer to do everything extra touches here and there.

I think it would be prudent to take one of them out of the line up and let Curtis have a run out. I think Oglive has gone off the attacking boil a little bit too perhaps time to give Hume a go from the left full back berth, or potentially even left wing.

What amazes me is that we are still 5th - we have only lost two games, plenty of time to turn it around and go on another run.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

What amazes me is that we are still 5th - we have only lost two games, plenty of time to turn it around and go on another run.
[/quote]

My exact sentiments and we have games in hand
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:59 am What amazes me is that we are still 5th - we have only lost two games, plenty of time to turn it around and go on another run.
[/quote]

I should add that after our recent results I expect us to be much lower!
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:34 am
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:59 am What amazes me is that we are still 5th - we have only lost two games, plenty of time to turn it around and go on another run.
I should add that after our recent results I expect us to be much lower!
[/quote]

It shows how this League is very competitive
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:14 pm What turned a team that couldn't lose at the beginning of the season into a team that now cannot win?
Tom Lowery. And before anyone says one player shouldn't make a difference, he definitely does. He makes us 'tick' like Ben Thompson did when he was on loan.
Check out these League stats: Lowery playing: W6, D1, L0. Lowery not in squad: W1, D5, L2
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:25 am
No Shot Sherlock wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:14 pm What turned a team that couldn't lose at the beginning of the season into a team that now cannot win?
Tom Lowery. And before anyone says one player shouldn't make a difference, he definitely does. He makes us 'tick' like Ben Thompson did when he was on loan.
Check out these League stats: Lowery playing: W6, D1, L0. Lowery not in squad: W1, D5, L2
[/quote

You’ve proved your point Selsey
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:32 pm You’ve proved your point Selsey
Now get that dog out my sight.