Ronaldo interview

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Ronaldo interview

Post by Mickemo »

What are peoples thoughts on Ronaldo’s interview - was he right to go in on Utd and Ten Hag whilst still an employee of the club?

I don’t like that sort of conduct and would be very annoyed if this happened at Pompey.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 147 times

Re: Ronaldo interview

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pretty unprofessional IMO. Completely get why he might be annoyed but things like this should be kept behind closed doors. No one comes out of this looking good but I suppose if Ronaldo gets to leave Utd on the back of this he'd consider it a price worth paying.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I think he's well out of order and shows the arrogance of the man. I'm no fan of Man Utd but I'd love it if they could legally sack him but retain his player registration so that he can't play anywhere else :)
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Comes across that he thinks he's bigger than the club and just a bit petulant really. Obviously we don't know everything that's happened behind closed doors, but he's well on the way to destroying his legacy at a club where he was loved.

This might have worked for him when he was one of the two best players in the world, but now he's not clubs won't accommodate his need to be the centre of attention at all times. What I can't quite work out is why he didn't just get his advisers to sit down with United and work out a package to cancel his contract in January. They'd have got the same outcome (or maybe a better one, as United may be able to sack him for gross misconduct).
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Unbelievable who does he think he is? The Guy has earnt hundreds of millions and his Agent will have made loads of dosh too. The Agent should have sorted this out. If he organised a termination of Ronaldo`s contract, so what! he has so much money, act like an adult. So he runs to the `Press` absolutely pathetic. Now ManU are in charge and will dictate terms and perhaps Ronaldo will not play club football again for anyone
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Thats Rich
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Thats Rich »

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is very me me me whereas Messi is more of a team player. Messi has the occasional individual moments sure.

Trying to engineer a move using the media is just so sad. Especially with the timing - cheap shot and then run away to the World Cup. I think Bruno Fernandes's reaction to him on arrival with Portugal was quality.

Busted flush with a tarnished reputation is how he will be remembered by some.
Why always me!