Derby

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Derby

Post by GreenBlue »

Rjk66 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:48 pm Are we all preparing to watch us lose more points this weekend and drop out of the play off places??
No
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

Huge negativity on this thread. I know it is not the case but it does seem a little like some people thrive on Pompey not doing well.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I thought that was an excellent first half to watch between two decent teams playing different systems and lacking the killer final ball.

Dale has been terrific - keep it up!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

73 mins gone and we're yet to have a shot on target. Obviously going to win 3-0 :wink:
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

Sorry to those who were wanting to make big of us not winning... we didn't lose.
Kingo
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Kingo »

Green blue, I worry less about the negativity on the thread than the negativity on the pitch.
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Rjk66 »

GreenBlue wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:25 pm Huge negativity on this thread. I know it is not the case but it does seem a little like some people thrive on Pompey not doing well.
It’s not negativity Green blue, it is reality, 94th minute before we had our first shot on goal?? Nowhere near promotion prospects. I have watched this club over sixty years now and I am finding it the most frustrating and lacklustre team ever.
PompeyExpat
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by PompeyExpat »

Well, it wasn’t a loss! I expect they will be training hard this week with shots on goal. How many will they get on target? I predict 3 🙄
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

Rjk66 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:03 pm It’s not negativity Green blue, it is reality, 94th minute before we had our first shot on goal?? Nowhere near promotion prospects. I have watched this club over sixty years now and I am finding it the most frustrating and lacklustre team ever.
I genuinely respect your longevity in supporting our Pompey compared to my meagre 50 years but I have to dispute that this is the most lacklustre ever. Frustrating at times for sure but I ha witnessed far far worse.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I missed it thank ******. Can't believe the starting line up...again. Well I can actually. Taxi for Cowley, he's clueless. Leam Richardson is available....
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Rjk66 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:03 pm
GreenBlue wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:25 pm Huge negativity on this thread. I know it is not the case but it does seem a little like some people thrive on Pompey not doing well.
It’s not negativity Green blue, it is reality, 94th minute before we had our first shot on goal?? Nowhere near promotion prospects. I have watched this club over sixty years now and I am finding it the most frustrating and lacklustre team ever.
I too I have watched Pompey for over 60 years (31st October 1959 my first live match but I followed them for several years before that) Fortunately dementis has not kicked in and I can remember many worse teams than this one. Many worse performances than tonight and others this season. One from the recent past like the FA trophy final which was Jackett`s last game.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Overall I feel that this was actually one of our better home performances however we are totally lacking any threat up front whatsoever Bishop and Scarlett are obviously not working so surely it’s time to use Pigott with either one of them
Can someone please tell Dale if you beat a player bl**dy cross it do not pull it back and try and beat him again and please can we send Koroma back in January it was disgusting at one point in the first half when he obviously pulled out of a challenge which he could have won
My granddaughter who isn’t the best when it comes to football tactics made a very good point that yet again on exactly 60 minutes Cowley made a like for like change with Curtis replacing Koroma although at least Curtis tried to make a difference being totally involved and at one point winning the ball near our own corner flag
Curtis also quite amusingly in the first half wound up their subs when warming up
How about that I didn’t moan about Cowley to much for once
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by NSRailings »

I think Koroma's time is up for the moment as he offers very little. If he improves ,then great.

It was a frustrating watch as the potential is there, but a few of the players lack the imagination to play the way we and DC want. Pigott should've come on at the same time as Curtis - he has some tricks and imagination that Scarlett lacks. The first half was good - particularly Dale. Not sure why he wasn't as effective in the 2nd half. I think the effort from the team was there but the skill from some players wasn't. Got to hope the injuries sort themselves out soon and the better players come back. I don't see a negative team - just a lack of ability from a few of them.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Just one final point no one can complain tonight about the support the atmosphere was great tonight pity about the lack of Derby support which was pretty much silent
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I thought Koroma was better tonight, he actually went outside his man on a couple of occasions rather than cut inside all the time. I agree Curtis looked better than him when he came on.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man