FA Cup

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

gosling
Martin Kuhl
Has liked: 4 times

FA Cup

Post by gosling »

Spurs away in the next round
A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: FA Cup

Post by PeteM »

gosling wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:18 pm Spurs away in the next round
That's a cracking draw. Decent away trip and our share of the gate will be a pretty good amount to use in January.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

I reckon it’s a good bet for it being a tv game considering our history and theirs
I do hope that come what may that ticket sales are strictly limited to one per person to give everyone a fair chance to get tickets and also that the number given to “supporters groups” are limited as surely season ticket holders and members should have priority as they are the ones paying to watch week in week out
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Pompey will get 45% of the gate receipts. The stadium capacity is 62,850.

Pompey would get £144,000 if the game was selected for live broadcast.
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:27 pm as surely season ticket holders and members should have priority as they are the ones paying to watch week in week out
If they turn up week in week out. I know a ST holder who goes to only half the games.

Great draw.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Just looked it up FA cup rules say 15% of capacity for away fans so we should get 9500 based on 62500 capacity, plenty I think unless they are allowed to break the rules
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

NSRailings wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:57 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:27 pm as surely season ticket holders and members should have priority as they are the ones paying to watch week in week out
If they turn up week in week out. I know a ST holder who goes to only half the games.

Great draw.
But he still coughed up the money for a whole season so missing games is his choice.
It’s season ticket holders who enable the club to finance the season not “supporters groups “
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

safe bet that Dane Scarlett won't play in the fa cup 3rd round, you'd expect spurs to let him play though in round 4 onwards!!
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

:thumb
Jack_Tinn wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:31 pm safe bet that Dane Scarlett won't play in the fa cup 3rd round, you'd expect spurs to let him play though in round 4 onwards!!
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by NSRailings »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:31 pm safe bet that Dane Scarlett won't play in the fa cup 3rd round, you'd expect spurs to let him play though in round 4 onwards!!
:lol: Pigott might get a game :roll:
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I wouldn't think Spurs will get anywhere near 62500 as the game for them is not very attractive. On the other hand we should still get our allocation which would give us a sizable chunk of the attendance. I would think the Spurs team will have a fair sprinkling of youngsters and squad players with their big guns on the bench just in case they are needed. Should be a good day out though visiting their nice shiny new stadium.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

We played them in 1967 (I was there at WHL) & 1991 (the Gazza match on MOTD) they then went on to win the Cup.

2010 semi final ( I was there too) when we all thought we would get stuffed, we witnessed a "Fire Drill evacuation"

So what do we think, just accept the big `pay day` or what!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 37 times

Post by PeteM »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:04 pm We played them in 1967 (I was there at WHL) & 1991 (the Gazza match on MOTD) they then went on to win the Cup.

2010 semi final ( I was there too) when we all thought we would get stuffed, we witnessed a "Fire Drill evacuation"

So what do we think, just accept the big `pay day` or what!
I remember listening to the 1991 game on the radio as a kid because I was too young to go. I was at the 2010 semi final, one of my all-time favourite Pompey memories. I think accept the big payday and hope that we can give a good account of ourselves. Anything other than a fairly convincing defeat would be a bonus, though as others have said, Spurs are unlikely to play a full strength team. However, I'd imagine they see it as a realistic opportunity to win a trophy, which they haven't done for 15 years so they won't just be playing the kids.
Chicken_Fillery
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Chicken_Fillery »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:27 pm I reckon it’s a good bet for it being a tv game considering our history and theirs
I do hope that come what may that ticket sales are strictly limited to one per person to give everyone a fair chance to get tickets and also that the number given to “supporters groups” are limited as surely season ticket holders and members should have priority as they are the ones paying to watch week in week out
Genuinely, priority should go to the hardy 8000 who bothered to turn up to the MK Dons game first, including my very excited 7yr old daughter. She'd be upset no to make the trip to Spurs.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Just messed up my response so starting again
The problem with with given priority to those who went is worse than excessive supporter group allocation
Looking around on Saturday I would say many were using the kids for a quid deal which is admirable however many season ticket holders never attended and would be pretty much excluded from the Spurs match
I’m sure my 13 year old season ticket holding granddaughter who attended the MK game with me would not be amused if she missed out on the Spurs match to benefit a school mate who rarely attends matches especially those on cold wet Tuesday night games