Be Part Of The Story Next Season!

Anything you like - within reason. If it doesn't fit into the general chat room, put it here.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey Junglist
Billy The Boot Boy

Be Part Of The Story Next Season!

Post by Pompey Junglist »

Whatever happens, I think the upcoming season will be a defining moment in Pompey's recent history. I want to collate the writing of anyone who wants to get involved, as the season unfolds. I want to compile articles, match reports and opinion pieces from anyone who'll offer them, then release the complete works at the end of the season.

In my head it will be a fascinating collage of personal stories and insights from a myriad of Pompey fans. And much like the account of Jury Service that I wrote, it will not be altered or edited with hindsight. The idea is to provide a first hand and varied account of Pompey fans' thoughts as what I suspect will be a rollercoaster season unfolds.

I'm hoping to get enough material to have at least one story or opinion piece from every game, though contributions don't have to be linked to a match. Ideally, some people will contribute more than once and we'll see how people's feelings change over the course of a season. Really it needs to start now, with people giving their thoughts on our current situation, any pre season games they've seen, hopes and fears for the season etc.

It can be one line, it can be an essay, you can tell us all about yourself, you can give nothing away; but once you submit it you can't take it back. All I need is a name (real or otherwise), location & the date and time, which I'll get from the email. Who knows, we might even get it published somewhere once the season's over. At worst I'll pop it all on the internet and it should make for a fine read.

Any contributions, please send to.....

pfc0910@googlemail.com

Mods, please can this be stickied for a day or two?
Last edited by Pompey Junglist on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No never, no never no more will I trust the elves of Dunsimore
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Do You Want To Write Next Season?

Post by Pompski! »

Sounds interesting. Are you looking for a review of the game or a personal opinion about what happened and the effects or something else? It may be helpful to post a few up here to get an idea of what you are looking for because I'm not sure how this differs from posts on this board.
I am me, the universe and you.
Pompey Junglist
Billy The Boot Boy

Pompski! wrote:Sounds interesting. Are you looking for a review of the game or a personal opinion about what happened and the effects or something else? It may be helpful to post a few up here to get an idea of what you are looking for because I'm not sure how this differs from posts on this board.
A total mixture. It may be just like a post on this board, it may be the story of going to a match, it might be a stab at a 'match review', it may simply be purely about feelings and reflections (reminiscing etc). I'll write some contributions myself, but my job really, will be to bring all these different elements together into a coherent, lively, varied and entertaining account of a season as it unfolds.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Pompey Junglist wrote:
Pompski! wrote:Sounds interesting. Are you looking for a review of the game or a personal opinion about what happened and the effects or something else? It may be helpful to post a few up here to get an idea of what you are looking for because I'm not sure how this differs from posts on this board.
A total mixture. It may be just like a post on this board, it may be the story of going to a match, it might be a stab at a 'match review', it may simply be purely about feelings and reflections (reminiscing etc). I'll write some contributions myself, but my job really, will be to bring all these different elements together into a coherent, lively, varied and entertaining account of a season as it unfolds.
Sounds good, I'm in.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

sounds like an interesting project.
I'd like to contribute a weekly doom level report ....probably each Monday.
I'll post it on the board though...you'll have to pull it off.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Kalinic

Post by Kalinic »

from neutral side, this team needs to sign few players,or...welcome championship.

I think the upcoming season will be a defining moment in Pompey's recent history.
:thumb if I might add. next month is crucial. Kalinic and Finnan - good but is not enough. Belhadj probably leaving, Distin too.. :roll:
Pompey Junglist
Billy The Boot Boy

There's no rules on the language, style, length or approach of contributions. I want a big lump of clay from a broad cross section of Pompey fans, with which to craft an unadulterated tale of a season as it happened. I'm certain we can create something both entertaining and unique if people contribute.
Pompey Junglist
Billy The Boot Boy

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:sounds like an interesting project.
I'd like to contribute a weekly doom level report ....probably each Monday.
I'll post it on the board though...you'll have to pull it off.
That would be brilliant, a few threads and regulars to bind it all the random contributions together. Point me in the direction of anything on the board I can use. Similarly if anyone has recently posted anything they'd be happy to be used in a pre-season chapter, please copy it onto an email and send it to the address above.
Pompey_Galactico
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Be Part Of The Story Next Season!

Post by Pompey_Galactico »

i would be intrested in helping out, maybe more during the autumn/winter months (october to march) when the hotel is closed as i would have more time to think about what im writing.
Life is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it or trying to get a piece of it.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate .... coincidence? i think not!!!
Earlsfield Blue
Gary O'Neil

Post by Earlsfield Blue »

Fascinating idea Junglist - I will contribute as and when I can and as the mood takes me which promises to be all over the shop, on a roller coaster, round the houses and up at least a handful of garden paths for a birds eye view.
jezzurp
Alan Knight

Post by jezzurp »

Pompey Junglist wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:you'll have to pull it off.
That would be brilliant
:lol:
4-1! again?
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

fez wrote:
Pompey Junglist wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:you'll have to pull it off.
That would be brilliant
:lol:
lol...I knew it when I wrote that....I knew it!
Div III. Call it what it is.
schmindie
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by schmindie »

Sounds like a fascinating project PJ :)
If you've got something left to say, you'd better say it now.
Kingofstar
Interim Manager

Post by Kingofstar »

Good luck with this PJ, I'll try to add bits as and when.

- Trouble will probably be getting "copy" throughout the season. May well end up with a flush of stuff early on, then not much... As Editor you might want to hound contributors and snatch the odd bit off this board? How about puntuating the final work with headlines and opening paragraphs from the press to give terms of reference to the subsequent contributions?

Look forward to seeing the finished document!
It's not the despair, Lua Lua. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQEdeKreB4w
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

About time too PJ. Looking forward to reading the comments in book form. You better had get it published. Loved the Jury on your blog. So very well written and whilst the subject did not seem all theat interesting I was so into the day to day lives of everyone on there, I would have paid to read that.