FAO: WW/SMcG - Fantasy league codes

A forum for all the prediction / hattrick league competitions - I've moved the La La League back out into its own forum again.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Chris_in_LA
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

FAO: WW/SMcG - Fantasy league codes

Post by Chris_in_LA »

Ayup Squire, was wondering if you have the acccess codes for the Rubi Fantasy leagues for this coming year. Have a Dutch chap on the train who is interested in participating (probably have to put him in the Chumpionship for starters) and will need the code to access.

Ta very much.

:beer
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Thomas Aquinas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: FAO: WW/SMcG - Fantasy league codes

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

No problemo - and cheers for the 'tug' Chris. Had my eye on the ball (for a change) this season, and have looked in on the fantasy site once a week (or so). Only recently was able to log back-in (first I had to pick my own team etc), and then reactivate the leagues. Which has 'caught' those who have already signed back up for the site.

Will do a post pretty soon with "directions" (and CODES of course), to get people in the right divisions.

Following on from this post: http://www.thepompeychimes.net/forum/vi ... =9&t=73274

...there was a couple of ideas, but none majorly 'backed' - so in the absence of any further input, will stick with the 10 up & 10 down applying for last season. I think 3 divisions is indeed a good idea, but unfortunately the difficulty would be putting it into practice - it's hard enough with just two! (Unfortunately it all relies on people putting themselves in the right division - I can only delete people's teams - not add them).

Not sure of whether to reduce or keep that number promoted/relegated the same for this season, may be best to see the numbers first - interest will increase as the kick-off approaches normally, and there is a last minute rush to sign up. P.S. I noticed when I reactivated the leagues (maybe a couple of weeks ago), that *none* of the others I was in, had yet done so.

So look out for a post this week, which will 'set out' the league tables (although they're in the linked thread anyway) and will give the codes. I was pretty 'ruthless' (as I've always been) in deleting those who haven't got themselves in the right division when it came to the end of the season. At the very least, it means people who aren't really 'going for it' end up going 'through natural wastage'(!). And keeps the promotion and relegation issues live & healthy, we have our 'hard-core' of players now. No problem with anyone wanting to join the competition, but yep, of course - they start in the Championship. :thumb
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Chris_in_LA
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by Chris_in_LA »

Excellent WW/SMcG, will keep an eye open for the notification with the codes and let Theo know what to do once we have them. Always good to get another player in the game eh?

:beer
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Thomas Aquinas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Instructions/codes I plan on putting on a separate post *tonight* (all being well).

They kick-off a week behind us - so long as you chaps register your team (even if you're not in the right division), by 11.30am Saturday 16th August, all will be well.

Any 'newbies' into the Championship division. Will give full 'walk-through' for how to join the right division, for those that got promoted/relegated (it isn't difficult, about 4 clicks and a code) - it's the getting people to read it! :wink:

I was quite 'ruthless' (as always) towards the end of the season, so deleted all the teams that were still in the wrong divisions. But you're all more than welcome back of course! (so long as you put yourselves in the right one!) :)

Our "two divisions" of Rubi's Fantasy League, are actually two different leagues, and I can only delete teams, not add them, that's the 'fiddly/frustrating' bit.

A lot of transfers still happening it seems, but remember you can change your team as much as you like up to the season start, then one transfer a week after that, plus two "wildcards" per season - where you can make unlimited changes without penalty.

:thumb
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Previous players should've had an email from them by now - it went out end of July - about the 29th - heh, day after I posted. (New players won't have got one of course).
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Finger will get pulled out now!
Simon
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Simon »

Good morning, I have changed my email address so have not received the codes, please advise. Thanks
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Simon wrote:Good morning, I have changed my email address so have not received the codes, please advise. Thanks
Hi Simon, the codes are on the new thread at the top (in "General Chat" on the main board page), don't worry about the email too much, was just a prompt really from the site to register again.

If you want to change your email address to your new one:

1) Log-in using your old email addy & password - from here:

https://users.premierleague.com/Premier ... login.html

2) Then click on "My Account" -

3) Click on the "Update my account" - this allows you to change your details (inc your email address). You don't need access to your old email account to do that.

If you've forgotten it, go to the http://fantasyleague.com site (instead), and click on 'help', you can re-set your password. Then go to the link above and change your email. (Having said that, I think you'd need access to your old email addy) Hmm...

Failing that, you can re-register. You will just lose your 'history' - which (once you're back in & if interested) - shows your ranking/points totals for each year you've played - it's on the 'pick team' page, under 'Points/Rankings' (under your kit), if you click on 'View Gameweek history', it shows your totals for each season) - but, I've got details of each table we've been running this, if it's of interest.

If you're still stuck (after giving them a try), let me know. :thumb